UFC Haps

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by maurice, Dec 1, 2014.

1. gbergman

gbergman Legendary Drunken Youth

2. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

Are you fucking serious? What a waste...
  3. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

White says he may get two years for it.
  4. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Eventful day. Anderson Silva in for Jones. Alvarez is the new LW champ.

115 title on the line tomorrow.
  5. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

UFZZZZZZ 200
  6. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Skotty should be happy.
  7. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Bisping will defend his title in a rematch against Henderson.
  8. BeviBall

Periscoped the whole thing and it was the worst PPV I think I've ever seen based on every PPV I've ever watched. Wasting $50 on this... :lol: Wasting $50 on this and then broadcasting it for free :rolling:
  9. skottyj

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings in the South Loop. Got a seat at the bar; 22oz Coors Lights were flowing; Lesnar won. Good night to be out.
  10. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Sale officially announced. I guess they wanted 200 to be their big sendoff.

New majority owner: WME-IMG, headed by Ari Emanuel.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  11. skottyj

Has Joe Rogan said anything about it? I know he had said he would quit if they sold.
  12. y2chae

y2chae Panda

What about Dana? Does he stay on?

And if you are the Fertitta brothers you can't say no to $4 billion, after they bought it for $2 million.
  13. skottyj

Dana White is staying on as President and will keep a minority share. The Fertitta brothers are also keeping a piece of it as well.
  14. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Saw some dipshit somewhere online earlier, think it was a Deadspin FB comment, who was all "$4 billion for a whole league, that's it! Teams sell for $2 billion. What if you sold the whole NFL?"

Yep, that's a totally reasonable and fair comparison.
  15. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Rogan is taping a podcast with Chael Sonnen in 30 mins.
  16. skottyj

I guarantee you this will be the plot of Entourage 2. Ari Gold buys UFC and Vince decides he wants to fight. Will Vince take the fight?
  17. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

18. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Lesnar pissed hot, reportedly.
  19. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

20. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Michael Page fractured Cyborg Santos' forehead with a knee in Bellator.
  21. skottyj

This Lesnar situation is odd.
  22. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

UFC is in Chicago this weekend, but the card is so shitty that there are tons of good seats available, including resales at below face.

3rd row club level center for $90. 1st row of the UD one section over for $75.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0400509D91361FFA/

Hopefully they learn their lesson and come back with a decent card next year.
  23. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Fox Sports is running a series on Punk's MMA "evolution." It's mostly training footage, staged stuff at home in Chicago with AJ, and podcast type shit he self-recorded while driving back and forth to MKE.

In the training footage, he looks like absolute crap, even when his partner is totally compliant or just holding pads. He shows well below average athleticism and close to zero skill, and will be lucky if he is not seriously injured early in the first round.
  24. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I don't think anyone believes he has any chance of winning. Even when WWE produced the documentary about his life, it was noted by his wrestling trainers how he was not a good athlete and it was pure effort that got him to where he was. Which is fine in pro wrestling... obviously not going to work in MMA.
  25. rustysurf83

Just watched the documentary. He will likely be submitted 2 minutes in...or he will get his fucking teeth caved in for a long time. Pretty sure I could beat that dude.
  26. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

It was a mistake to put him against a well rounded fighter. His only chance was to fight an undersized pure striker after training grappling 4 hours a day for a couple of years.
  27. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

28. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Diaz with a takedown in the last seconds. Will it be enough?

:lenny:
  29. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

30. y2chae

y2chae Panda

ESPN's top story on their website is how great Conor McGregor is.

For taking the #4 or 5 ranked lightweight in the world to a close majority decision? Oh wait, they fought at a welterweight. If McGregor fought a legit welterweight he'd probably get beaten pretty easily.
  31. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

LW is dominated by wrestle-boxers, which are kryptonite to guys like McGregor and Diaz.

That's why Anthony Pettis recently cut to FW and Cerrone fights middling guys at WW.
  32. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Diaz has 1 title shot at LW and he got dominated by Benson Henderson for 5 rounds. Since then he's never really been in the title contention picture. But good for McGregor for barely beating an okay LW?
  33. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Punk fights this weekend. I wonder if he'll make weight.
  34. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

35. skottyj

I have heard that was a work.
  36. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Still, he's definitely bigger than Gall and never had to cut weight before.
  37. rustysurf83

Made weight. Just watched the UFC docudrama thing about him. Unless they are trolling with the footage he is going to get murdered. Seems like a nice guy, but he isn't a professional level fighter. His skills are on par with dudes that have done MMA/BJJ/striking at a hobby level for 5+ years.
  38. skottyj

Gall is heavier than him (right now.)
  39. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

40. skottyj

He looks good in a non gay sexual way.
  41. rustysurf83

He looks like shit...mostly because he's close to 40 and just cut a shit ton of weight.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

He's actually a pretty big douche bag. And he's one of my favorite wrestlers of all time.
  43. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He comes across well when the cameras are on.

Skotty's met him a few times. Don't think he's had any issues.
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

He's a nice guy when he wants to be and if you interact with him the way he wants you to. For example he was annoyed fans recognized him at Hawks games. He's also gone on record at being butt hurt when fans call him "Phil" even though that's... his real name.

During NBA free agency he made some lame tweet about how he didn't know who KD was and instead focused on the PK Subban trade. The fuck do those 2 things have to do with each other?
  45. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

That's totally understandable to me. I haven't approached a "celebrity" since I was a little kid and saw Hulk Hogan waiting to be seated at a restaurant in MN. Randy Savage was there too, but I left him alone because he was already eating and I thought it would be rude to interrupt him. That's the prevailing attitude in Chicago IME. Many celebrities have remarked that they love spending time here because the locals are cool and leave them the hell alone.
  46. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I personally would not approach anyone that was busy doing something either. However, he's also relished in being a noted celebrity Hawks fan so for him to get sad that people notice him at Hawks games, is a bit hypocritical
  47. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

In October 2005, I was the anti-Cheeses. All the media in Bridgeport is fun when you're visiting for a game or a beer, but it's actually kinda annoying when you live there.

One Sunday, as I was eating brunch with my wife on Halsted, a CLTV bimbo walked up with a camera crew and stuck a microphone in my face, which was filled with delicious pancakes. Didn't ask if we wanted to talk. Just jumped right in questioning and filming.

I told her she was rude and should go away.
  48. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

49. BeviBall

There's always WWE Punk! That was embarrassing.
  50. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

Was anything else expected?

Still give him credit for going through with it