The Robin Sucks Thread

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by y2chae, May 31, 2016.

1. y2chae

y2chae Panda

We need all purpose thread to bitch about Robin, even though the Sox won in a somewhat unexpected fashion tonight, it doesn't change the fact that Robin is a terrible manager and we can look forward to some more terrible managing if he's not fired soon.

https://theathletic.com/2016/05/31/white-sox-bullpen-robin-ventura-sheehan/

Of course me and Fed were at the May 17th game.

Ah, the infamous Youkilis bunt.

Ah, Robin haps
  2. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

The Melky bunt situation was mind blowingly idiotic. I can't understand how an MLB manager makes that decision.
  3. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Forgot about the Youkilis bunt...remember watching that live
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  4. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Robin sucks
  5. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

When you put it like that.

:kick:
  6. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

How the fuck can an MLB manager be so dense? My wife could do a better fucking job if she just followed the right people on Twitter and did whatever they said...
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  7. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching* Cupcake Mod

No WS as long as this guy is on the bench guaranteed
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

9. Zoso

10. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

:nicholson:

Yes, yes... let's get that national head of steam on the awfulness of Ventura. That's basically what got Danks released, too.
  11. Team Speed

Team Speed Fun Bad

CaptainBallz likes this.
  12. CaptainBallz

13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Salad man in half as many PAs has 1 more HR and 5 more RBIs than Rollins
  14. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Anyone see Saladinos tattoo in the Tribune yesterday? It's pretty epic.
  15. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

16. CaptainBallz

Best friend = Drake?
    Ziggy and zmz like this.
  17. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

18. BeviBall

The Youk bunt GDT. I would've posted more but I was in 159 throwing my hat in disgust. Good to see the entirety of the Haps was in on Robin being a cunt way back when.
  19. Team Speed

Team Speed Fun Bad

Ah, bunt haps
  20. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Wise batted #3 in that game?

Jesus.

Looking back it looks like he hit lead off almost all of August even though he had a great .300 OBP and then in September he shuffled all around the lineup including significant time at 1, 2, 3
  21. skottyj

It is becoming an increasing problem where every single thread is becoming about replacing Robin or other management personnel.

Posts that do this from now on will be trashed to the Roadhouse. Repeated violators will be warned.

Let's try to keep threads on topic and not force the mods to work to clean up so many messes. There is plenty of places to gripe about those topics you don't need to force every single thread to discuss it.

This is NOT up for discussion.
  22. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

It is becoming an increasing problem where every single thread is becoming about Cheeses being some shitheaded Sox fan.
  23. BeviBall

Also not up for discussion.
    Deuce likes this.
  24. Cheeses

Cheeses Involuntary Immigrant Cupcake Mod

25. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

26. Zoso

Right side of history like always

:yes:
  27. Zoso

Is AJ a saber guy? If not, then get the fuck out. I mean if the gig is viewed as more of a psychology/leaderhship thing, both Ozzie and Robin have failed spectacularly at that aspect, as we've seen nothing but the sackless mental midget thing for years now.

I wish some team would have the sack to just go without a manager all together. Maybe have a de facto clubhouse guy, tantamount to a bench coach or whatever, whose job would be to organize practices and be a voice of authority with disputes and so forth, but make every single move with data from the booth. I believe all teams are leaving runs off the board/putting runs on the board by making sub-optimal moves based on the gut. There's nothing a manager does with regards to X's and O's that can't be done better by a computer analyzing statistical probabilities.
  28. samram

samram Bon Vivant

I'd be surprised if AJ can read.
  29. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Well, with this organization, that's like 80% of the job qualifications.
  30. y2chae

y2chae Panda

And that's a huge part of the problem. In a real sports organization the owner has zero say on how they run the sports side of the operation. Does Ricketts tell Theo and Jed who to hire for manager? No. Does Mickey Arison get involved in telling Pat Reilly what to do? No. Does Bob Kraft meddle with Belichick? God dammit, no.

The fact that it's known that Jerry has a say on what happens to manager or who gets hired as manager is a big problem. Historically the owners that have this type of power within the organization tend to have the shittest teams that don't win. The Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans, Sacramento Kings are some recent examples of teams with meddling owners. We can probably add Chicago Bulls to this list real soon.
  31. skottyj

Yes I know for a fact Robin reads WSI regularly and the recent polls calling for his firing are chafing like a pimple on his inner thigh on a humid day. And you know what, thats ok it comes with the territory.