The Lessons Learned From Playing High School Football

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by SoxFan76, Aug 21, 2012.

1. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

2. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

A disabled football player?

:mcnabb:
  3. CaptainBallz

Definitely the key takeaway...

:shithead:

Was wondering what that was about too... :shrug:
  4. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Says learning disabilities, which probably means he's just slow.
    Last edited: May 25, 2016
  5. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Guys, the bigger issue is that a transgender can share a bathroom with a child.
  6. CaptainBallz

So much outrage about a black kid sodomized by white closeted, racist shitheads...

Meanwhile, 26 New York cops brutalized during an exhibition football game: MEDIA SILENT
  7. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

Don't schools do this all the time? How else would a no name high school make regional fame by allowing a disabled kid to TRIUMPH over his disabilities and shuffle past 6 players who try tackling with their eyes closed as he scores and gets carried off like Rudy?

That kid would be telling that story every day to everyone at the library
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

So ESPN has a feature piece on their site about hazing in high schools that involve dudes sticking things in other dudes butts, apparently there have been 40 reported since 2011. They spotlight 3 incidents. All were done by the football team.

Maybe the life lesson you learn in high school football is the first steps on how to be a :gg:?
  9. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Anal fornication, showering together.

Ah, homosexuality haps.
  10. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

Sounds like a lot of life lessons were learned last night at the Fenwick/Plainfield North game...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. CaptainBallz

Cool story or the coolest story?
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  12. Cheeses

13. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

That game has been a hot topic among my people this morning.
  14. CaptainBallz

15. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

With :02 left, and leading 10-7, the QB for Fenwick dropped back and just heaved a pass. It was intentional grounding, which the officials correctly called. However, they awarded Plainfield North an untimed down, which is incorrect. PN then successfully kicked a field goal, tying the game. PN then won in overtime. Game should have been over in regulation.

That crew also has a state final game next week.
  16. rustysurf83

Officials completely fucked up a call in a semifinal game that resulted in the team that had won in regulation, losing in OT. Now a contingent think Plainfield should forfeit the result and let Fenwick advance because, "right thing to do." Sounds like at least a few Fenwick (Catholic) parents had to be restrained from the officials after the game.

http://www.theherald-news.com/2016/...-but-plainfield-north-victory-stands/az78n2v/

17. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

Life lesson: gay gentlemenry infects all levels of authority.
    Ziggy, CaptainBallz and sycked like this.
  18. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Here's the thing: this wasn't an interpretation of a rule, it was an application of a rule.

Very bad situation.
  19. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

What is the right call here?
  20. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Team sux.
    Cheeses and CaptainBallz like this.
  21. rustysurf83

Game was technically over when the clock was at zeros and intentional grounding was announced. IHSA should overturn it, but they already said they won't. The Fenwick coach should have refused to put his players back on the field. I think Fenwick could file an injunction that would get a serious look.

22. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

By rule, an untimed down can not be awarded from a penalty which carries a loss of down, which intentional grounding does. Any assessment of that penalty should have included the game being over.
  23. CaptainBallz

Let me preface by saying that everyone involved should kill themselves.

That said, what down was the intentional grounding? And I'm guessing the clock ran to 0:00 during that play? If so, in what fucking universe does the other team get to run a bonus play?

I'm not even a fucking ref and currently hate football more than Drumpf, but realize that's retarded. Everyone's awful at what they do.
    SouthAsianpalehose and y2chae like this.
  24. rustysurf83

It was a 4th down play that, yes, expired the clock. So they called it a turnover on downs and gave Plainfield one un-timed play on offense.
  25. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

It was 4th down.
  26. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

Same thing happened in the OK St game earlier this year and drew a ton of attention. You'd think someone in the officiating biz would be up to speed on it after that. I mean, at least one guy on the crew had to know.
  27. CaptainBallz

What's the analogous play where that would be appropriate? Clocks done. Everyone eat shit and go home, masturbate.
  28. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Game can't end on a defensive penalty.
  29. CaptainBallz

Which is completely not analogous. Pretty retarded to let that stand. There are RULES for a REASON
  30. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

PLUMBER SELLS TRUCK TO ISIS
    skottyj and CaptainBallz like this.
  31. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

They found out this morning that they no longer have that state final game.
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  32. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Cousin of my wife plays for Fenwick. His dad has been all over the Bookface bitching.
  33. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Prope, do you guys get a lot of flack from players? My kids are not allowed to argue with the ref at all. That would result in a benching.

Yesterday, the opposing coach was riding the refs (and even the official scorer) pretty hard, so his players started following his example. The ref told the players that they were not allowed to argue and came just short of issuing a technical.

At the end of the game, it was clear that the opposing team couldn't hit the side of a barn from 5' away, so the refs called a bunch of phantom fouls against us to put them on the line, where they promptly missed every free throw. Not sure that would've happened if their coach wasn't such a cunt.

I just LMAO. You've got it all figured out, local basketball coach. The refs and scorer are biased in favor of the team that had to drive 14 miles to get here.
  34. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Not really, but I like to think it's because I'm a good 'preventative official.' I did have one school this year where the players were bitching at me constantly about being held, and I finally had to tell them that they were just flat out getting man handled and that was the reason why they thought they were being held.

I don't hear much from coaches, but that's because I'm one of the guys in the middle of the field, and it's probably why if a player does bitch at me his coach can't hear it. I can only think of one instance where I've thrown a flag on a player for saying something to one of the five of us, and that was this year. The coach asked for an explanation, I told him, and he screamed at the kid for 10 minutes.

I'm a big proponent that the players reflect the attitude of their coach, much like it sounds you are. Luckily, aside from one jag-off, we didn't have many bad coaches this year.
    maurice likes this.
  35. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Removing the sarcasm from the thread title, there certainly is an opportunity to teach life lessons in the context of youth sports, particularly for kids have no dads or shitty dads. Often, however, bad lessons are taught by adults who are obsessed with winning and consumed by their own egos.

I frankly don't give a single fuck whether my team wins. I know my players care, so I'll help them to the best of my ability, but that's not the reason I coach. I don't even like basketball. I teach them to be respectful to adults, to work together as a team, and to help lead the kids who don't know what they're supposed to be doing.

Several other parents have told my youngest, "Shoot the ball every time you bring it up the court." He responds, "No, thanks, I want to pass the ball to my friends."
    :lol:
  36. CaptainBallz

If I played organized b-ball as a kid, I'd pass 99% of the time. Let the other kid look like a gay gentleman bricking an open look from 5 feet out. Meanwhile, I'm just over here being a team player.

:airguitar:
    Cheeses and Prope like this.
  37. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

It's too bad that makes you a rare breed, but no one ever said doing the right thing makes you popular.

Now if I may make a joke at your expense, I look forward to your new book:

"Winning isn't Everything, it's the Other Thing" by Maurice X. Blackmon
  38. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Passing and defense were always my favourite parts of the game on the asphalt. That may have had something to do with the fact that I could only dribble right handed. Also missed many more fast break layups than I made.
  39. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:helloexactly:

That was my strategy at the Hosed bball game. IWMB be all like, "Back cut and you'll be wide open for a layup!" But I was like,
    :fuckallthat:
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  40. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

41. Cheeses

^ Is that "you're a chucker" in Portuguese?
  42. rustysurf83

I see way more problems bitching re: officials from parents than players. All these 40 somethings think little Sally is the next Alex Morgan playing U9 soccer in Spokane fucking Washington and can't help but bitch at the 13 year old ref. My parents and players know that I won't tolerate that shit, but the other teams lose their shit as our "no cut" team beats their premier (as if such a thing exists at 8 years old) soccer club. Best ever was the girl's parents that transferred off of our team this summer because their daughter "needed to be pushed on a more serious and competitive team." Parents weren't very chatty after we throttled their new ultra expensive club this fall.
    maurice and Cheeses like this.
  43. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Kids never say anything when I ump, always the parents and coaches.

Not really a surprise that 10-12 year olds don't argue.
  44. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

Getting back to the Fenwick game, why the fuck didnt the QB just drop back and run around or try to run out of bounds or some shit. Even take the safety and then squib kick the kickoff. Countless options. I don't get it.
  45. rustysurf83

Because what they did was the safest option. What happens if some stupid clumsy teenager trips over his own feet and doesn't make it into the end zone or, even worse, fumbles. You don't want to punt or squib kick because stupid shit happens a lot on HS football special teams. I read that Fenwick lost in the playoffs a few years ago on some bullshit 90 yard punt return. What they did worked perfectly, until the officials fucked it up. Important to note that the coach himself wasn't sure of the rule. In an interview, he said that he didnt realize that the officials fucked up until he was driving home. Otherwise, he probably could have refused to put his players back on the field and the shit would have got figured out.
  46. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

And it's going to court at 9am on Wednesday.
  47. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Given what happened on the play in question, I imagine the refs would have assessed a delay of game.
  48. rustysurf83

Would a coach refusing to put his players on his field for a semi-final game likely spur them to call someone higher in the chain? It seems like that would be a pretty big deal. I'm amazed IHSA doesn't have some sort of phone a friend system for situations like this, it sounds like the officials had a fairly long conference so they were clearly confused/not sure. I can't believe no one pulled out a fucking iPhone and pulled up the rules.
    DepaulSox likes this.
  49. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:worf:
  50. CaptainBallz

:what: