Superb Owl XLIX Haps

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by maurice, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

Isn't Missy Elliott from like 2003?
  2. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

3. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

1997. I was a little off.

4. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

5. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Just found out my cousin was in the halftime show, one of the peeps holding a balloon or whatever.
  6. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

7. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Closest the Sharks will ever get to a championship round, amirite?
    Fuller likes this.
  8. Cheeses

Cheeses Involuntary Immigrant Cupcake Mod

9. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

^^the yootoob sucks. Needs some busted flatscreens and projectile vomiting.
  10. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

11. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Commercial getting pantsed all over the internet today, including some "Worst of..." lists. Seriously, what a faggy, dipshit comercial which I'm sure hit the damn bullseye with its asshole target market.

Also, this

:twitch:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...essons-i-learned-from-budweisers-hypocri.html
    Cheeses likes this.
  12. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

I would imagine there's a much larger market who just drinks beer to unwind or catch a buzz or (gasp) get drunk. Call them what you will, use the gif or tag of your choice, but there's nothing wrong with just drinking some easy drinking macros on a Friday after work.

I've said this before, there's nothing wrong with liking a better product. It's the whole culture surrounding it. :fruit:
  13. CaptainBallz

Such a non-Loftonian perspective on the whole thing. Tell me more about how people who drink Budweiser (5.0 ABV) love "unwinding," "catching a buzz" or (gasp) getting drunk more than a group of people who spend a substantially greater amount of time seeking out and/or drinking beers that get the average person far more plowed with far less effort.

The thing is, you will not find a craft beer drinker who doesn't agree that macros definitely have their time and place (I went to a bachelor party last weekend, case of Old Style in tow). Ya see, they agree with that because they actually like beer, unlike the mouth-breathing morons that the commercial last night was catered towards. Which I guess is you (shockingly), since the commercial was substantively retarded, but got its cheap digs in on the hipster/ mustachioed beer snob "culture" (:fruit:) to make the world of dipshit, Kenny Chesney lovin', Bud-swillin' ignoramuses feel ok about not knowing anything about yet another thing.
    gbergman, Ziggy and Jackie Treehorn like this.
  14. Cheeses

15. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

:fruit:
  16. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

Oh Lofton...

:gfy:
  17. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

Holy fuck, do you not hear yourself? :laff:
  18. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I'm not getting much of a "called us names!" vibe from the commercial. I mean, that clearly was its intent, but I haven't seen anybody actually offended by that aspect. The blowback I've seen is from people who are knowledgeable about the industry and, therefore, scoff at the notion that there is an All American company called "Budweiser" that makes naught but yellow fizzy beer on the banks of the Mississippi for their fellow Americans. For example:
    Also, a few folks have laughed at the "Pumpkin Peach Ale" remark, because In-Bev recently bought a craft brewery that produced that specific style of beer. They now own quite a few labels that don't say "Bud" on them:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AB_InBev_brands
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  19. CaptainBallz

I do hear myself. And while it took me some time to say it, the point was

:gfy:
  20. CaptainBallz

I've seen some social media reactions of people taking it personally, but those are the people deserving of whatever javelins Bud attempted to hurl. I also want to add that actual beer geeks are FAR fucking nerdier than the hipster asshats shown in the commercial. Missed opportunity for Bud.

But yes, the commercial was most notable for how fucking absurd and hypocritical its premise was (the article I posted above breaks it down pretty well, so no need to repeat it here) and primarily how bitchy it came across in light of the well-documented reality that Bud has lost a shitton of market share to craft in recent years.
  21. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching* Cupcake Mod

The culture around it? What, you mean making and appreciating great products? The only reason you would find that annoying is because you have no fucking taste and it makes you feel insecure.
  22. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

People who drink craft beer are worse than people who eat vegetables with their meat.
    Ziggy likes this.
  23. Cheeses

24. y2chae

y2chae Panda

First Super Bowl where I drank too much during the game. Missed some of the commercials including Budweiser and the Nationwide one that caused that meme. Fuck Pete Carroll.
  25. 1951Campbell

1951Campbell Free Legal Advice/Beatles Hater

My daughter loved it.
    Ziggy and BeviBall like this.
  26. Zoso

Just saw the commercial. It didn't seem especially out of touch or alienating. I just didn't cringe watching it, I don't know. I live in the urban liberal bubble so Budweiser is another planet to me. Who gives a shit? Drink bourbon and shut the fuck up.
  27. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

Those fucking sharks tho
  28. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

[​IMG]

buzzfeed is the fucking blurst
  29. Zoso

The first one is funny if meta
  30. Zoso

Sounded like she was really singing, or it was a recording of her singing live and really well. She killed it
  31. Quaye

What about that kelly clarkson tho
    Ziggy and Cheeses like this.
  32. Zoso

Would I do butt stuff with her? If not, who cares?
  33. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Best produced halftime show in the last 30 years according to some.
    LuvSox and Team Speed like this.
  34. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I guess the ad reached its target audience
    Ziggy and CaptainBallz like this.
  35. CaptainBallz

But what if you just want to unwind, catch a buzz or (gasp) get drunk without being a :fruit: about batches and distilleries?
    Yoda likes this.
  36. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Told ya.
  37. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

all i ever want to do is sit around a bonfire with country music wearing jeans and a bud in my hand
    Ziggy likes this.
  38. Team Speed

Team Speed Fun Bad

and a beer in my other hand
    Ziggy and itsnotrequired like this.
  39. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

Baby you're a song, You make me wanna roll my windows back and CRUISEEEE
  40. Quaye

I should be the target demographic for that bud commercial. But those gay gentlemen forgot they weren't miller
  41. CaptainBallz

MillerCoors took this opportunity to call Lofton a gay gentleman too

[​IMG]

Unwinding!! Gettin' buzzed/ (gasp) drunk!!!
    gbergman likes this.
  42. Quaye

Fucking summer shandy aka mikes brown lemonade
    gbergman and SoxFan76 like this.
  43. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

This is pretty much it. Only the biggest asshole beer nerd shithead would claim they never drink a macro. I probably drink just as much macro as I do craft, just because it's cheap. But like you said the ad just sends mixed messages. You can get bombed faster drinking crafts because of the higher ABV.

And just like everyone else points out, it's just silly for Bud to pretend they are some hard working awesome American beer we should support because God Bless America and shit except anyone with a brain knows it's become a Belgium-Brazilian-American global corporation headquartered in Belgium and right now its top 2 people in charge are a Brazilian and a Dutch dude.

It just didn't make any sense for Bud to run that ad from a business standpoint either. Plenty of people who would purchase a macro are probably turned off by the commercial. So next time they need a cheap case to bring somewhere, why support Bud and their whiny ads when you can buy Coors or Miller?
  45. Zoso

As long as you don't wear a beard and a flannel and smell the beer
  46. Zoso

I have to be in just the right mood to drink low alcohol shit. Usually doing that will leave me sexually frustrated. There are those certain days when you're only drinking Miller Lite and your patient enough to wait for the buzz but you can't beat it. Much more energy from that than sipping whiskey
  47. Zoso

It's all in your head though. I should just stick to the Miller light and Guinnness. Pounding whiskey destroys your life!
  48. Yoda

Yoda Eater of a 1000 Gyros

You think they'll abandon the roman numeral convention next year because a lot of people will be confused by Super Bowl L?
  49. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Anybody confused by Superbowl L probably was confused by Superbowl exlicks.
  50. Zoso

IIRC they announced 2 years ago they were going with "50" for just one year, then it'll be back to stupid pompous Roman bullshit "LI"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.