Suburbia in Wrigleyville

Discussion in 'The Other 29' started by Sugar My Churros, May 14, 2010.

1. Sugar My Churros

Sugar My Churros Bee Cee Cee

2. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

Wrigleyville hasn't been hip since the late '80s. Which, coincidentally, is when I lived there.

:tiphat:
  3. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

Why the fuck do they need a Best Buy there? There is one literally one mile south on Clark. CVS, Dominick's, really? I don't think there is a need for those, either. I'm fine with gutting what is there and building the hotel but they should really try to keep bar and restaurant tenants on the street level. No need for retail there.

This is retarded.
  4. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Yeah, that alderman's a proto-typical corporate whore...

Translation: Fuck em...
  5. Sugar My Churros

Best Buy will probably declare bankruptcy in a year anyway
  6. chops

chops never met prope

Tunney's a fucking fruit

What a dick.

Terrible idea all around
  7. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:shrug:

There's already generic suburban shit on Clark, including a fucking Marshalls.
  8. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

they should build a guitar world. and a guitar center. wrigleyville needs more guitars.
  9. y2chae

y2chae Panda

This Alderman is an idiot. That said I pray for the day the Cubs tell the City of Chicago to fuck off and build a 50,000 seat stadium in the NW burbs.
  10. Sugar My Churros

It's not that those things are going to be there that irks me, it's more that they are booting local businesses. And while I don't go to any of the establishments (Goose Island, Red Ivy, Salt and Pepper, Br Louie), it pisses me off that they are getting bumped. Why not tear down that McDoanlds and put them in the new development, that whole west side of Clark is basically empty.
  11. Cheeses

Whatever happened to their plans of building that big building at the corner of Clark and Waveland that was to house a Cubs museum and a Harry Caray's?
  12. Sugar My Churros

Harry Caray's is now where the old Hi-Tops is which is now where the Gin Mill was
  13. Team Speed

All around win there. Both new places are quite nice.
  14. Timmy

Timmy Gentleman and Scholar

They should build an Olive Garden on top of Wrigley FIeld. So you can enjoy the finest Italian eats while being pirched above your favorite sports team ever, The Cubbies!!!! 7th inning stretch everyone gets a free order of rubbery calamari appetizer.
  15. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

I would care about this in most places but not here. Wrigleyville sucks. Let it suck a little more.
  16. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

Why would they put a best buy in when there's one about a mile south, just south of Diversey? Dumb.
  17. Cheeses

I was out running around 3 this afternoon, and hit Clark at Belmont and headed north, only to be greeted with the Chad-bro-fest to beat all Chad-bro-fests -- block upon block of 20-somethings wearing ugly Xmas sweaters, pajamas, costumes, etc., many of them carrying or wearing boxes of sugary cereal, nearly all of them highly intoxicated, doing some sort of massive, massive Wrigleyville bar crawl. Seriously, it was unlike anything I'd ever seen in Wrigleyville...it was thousands of people and dozens of bars involved, from Belmont past Addison.

The fuck is that shit?
  18. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

TBOX.

The Twelve Bars of Xmas.

Even this 24 year old virgin was invited to this total brofest. Did not attend, obv. Perhaps I should have... :thinking:

Something like 43 bars in the Wrigleyville area participate. They're closed to the non-TBOX public from 9 am until 9pm or some shit.
  19. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I had some friends go.

$40 for the wristband, before you even buy a drink

:pass:
  20. Cheeses

What's with the cold cereal?
  21. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

22. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Yeah, probably would've been a good idea :chortle:
  23. Zoso

Man if themed bar crawlers aren't the most wretched people on earth. Forget anything-but-country types.
    y2chae likes this.
  24. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

townies

big boner
  25. Team Speed

Neighborhood was highly doucHe chilling today. TBOX has been a big deal for a few years now, but most people doing it are 22-23ish.
  26. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

Shit like this almost makes me glad my knee injury prevents me from long runs or really running at all (as some of you know from the last two football games). Before fall of last year, I would probably have jogged a similar distance south (from West Rogers) and run into this :douchechilling: scenario.
  27. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

But you get to attend ALL THOSE SAME TYPE BARS in ONE NIGHT! WHAT A DEAL!

:jerkoff:
  28. Zoso

Of fucking course my sister and her far south burb friends went to this. Whatever the most uncultured, obnoxious, piece of shit things you could do--whether it's go to Halloween balls at hotels, or birthday parties at Rockit--they do it.
    Team Speed, y2chae and CaptainBallz like this.
  29. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

30. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

31. CaptainBallz

Yeah, there's a couple we know who are these people. Last weekend it was Dave and Buster's for her birthday. In a couple weeks it's fucking Howl at the Moon in the CIT-AY!!!! for his birthday.

They also only go to Disney World on vacation.
  32. sycked

Howl at the Moon rulz

I only go there when it's free.
  33. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

I'll never understand the need for some people to denigrate others for having a good time simply because it is a popular activity. As long as they enjoy themselves, why all the hate?

You sound like a bunch of snobby Republican 1 percenters
    SoxFan76 likes this.
  34. Zoso

If you want to try to hook up with big-haired blondes from Houston, Howl at the Moon is your jam.
    sycked likes this.
  35. Zoso

Mainly because they're average looking chicks who take thousands of pictures, go to shitty bars, and post 5 hashtags in a FB post. But way to somehow work politics in to it.

:laff:
    Ziggy likes this.
  36. LuvSox

LuvSox Has genuine dislike for Sycked

You don't need to tell the whole damn world that you went to some trendy joint with all of your friends. Nobody else cares.
  37. Fuller

Actually it was more of a cultural reference

On an Internet message board filled with cultural references :shrug:
  38. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

Seriously, there are a lot of people coming off as very pathetic in this thread. Is it jealousy? I don't' know, but it's so f'ing pathetic when Palehosers get down on people just trying to have a good time.
  39. Cheeses

:cmon:
    sycked likes this.
  40. CaptainBallz

Meh, when it's all you do, it just shows a lack of imagination. As a cultural mover and shaker, that necessarily offends me.
  41. CaptainBallz

Oh, you. You just shut the fuck up.
    Ziggy and Zoso like this.
  42. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

He was just having a good time. Don't hate. :laff:

But seriously, there's the less than 1% of douche bags that can ruin a good time, but overall it actually sounds pretty fun.
  43. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Ol' Lofton up on that cross again
    Quaye and Ziggy like this.
  44. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Went to Howl at the Moon for my buddy from work's birthday back in February. For whatever reason he's obsessed with that joint.

First couple hours were cool, cuz we had dollar drink coupons and the place was pretty open. Then all the fuckin tourists showed up and my other buddy and I booked it out of there.
  45. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

I highly doubt we're going to go up to those people and tell them they should stop, we just think it's really lame and uninspiring. If that's your jam, whatever, I'm still going to make fun of you though.

And yeah, I'm really jealous I wasn't able to pay $90 to get a 5 drinks and be elbow to asshole at bars I can go to on any given day in Wrigleyville.
    sycked likes this.
  46. Zoso

I'm all about getting drunk and fucking around, but the whole costume bar crawl thing with these Ohio transplant complete douchenozzles is taking it several levels beyond what is tolerable.

That said I'm going to a damn Festivus bar crawl in a few weeks. :shrug:

Cultural elitist!
  47. Fuller

There are folks with more imagination than you. Is it okay then if we choose to look down upon and belittle your entertainment decisions?

I'm joshing you of course, but you get the point
  48. sycked

Yup, that's exactly how it is when I go to the place. After 9pm when the drink specials are over, I'm out of that joint.
  49. SoxFan76

SoxFan76 Classic Lofton

That's fair. Personally, I think it sounds like a fun idea but if its elbow to asshole in every bar then yeah, that really isn't my jam. But a large gathering of people going to several bars during the day = fun time for a lot of people. Deal with it. That's their decision and that's there idea of a good time. I'm closer to 30 than 20 and I saw a lot of people on my Facebook talking about this event.
  50. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Who's not dealing with it? It's fine, just making fun of a bunch of 28-year olds getting on the Metra with a Santa outfit and a box of Cap'n Crunch.