Sox Are a Possible Destination for A-Rod

Discussion in 'Take my Konerko, please?' started by 1951Campbell, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

It's not like he spent much time developing in the minors, and the Sox certainly have no problem throwing a talented guy they just drafted right up into the majors, so maybe he would have figured it out himself either way.

They undoubtedly would have done something stupid during his adjustment period in 2011, but if he made it through that, the Sox are maddeningly loyal enough to have let him blossom. Except because they're the Sox he probably would have been Beckham Jr. instead of MVP Mike Trout. Just because.

:gloomy:
  2. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Sox would have ruined Trout. No way is he the star he is with LAA if he's drafted by the Sox.
  3. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

shit i meant fernandez. i always get those two confused
  4. Quaye

Probably be the next Rob Mackowiack
  5. Unregistered

Mexicans, amirite?

[​IMG]
  6. Quaye

the letter Z
  7. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

It looked like we were turning it around draft wise with Beckham and Sale back to back, but then of course Beckham went from looking like he'd be a top 5 2B in baseball to barely being a big league hitter. So we got 1 all star there, but you really need to nail it for a few years in a row to set yourself up for a run of competing at a high level, like what Jeans posted.
  8. Quaye

You also have to make strong mid-round picks, and most importantly, actually develop prospects.

Ever notice that most of the players who have MLB from our system either

1.) spent like no time in the minor leagues
    2.) are middle relievers

so basically we know how to develop middle relievers, the least essential position on a base-a-ball team
  9. LuvSox

LuvSox Has genuine dislike for Sycked

Changing my dog's name to Ruffcorn.
    Ziggy, BURGH and 1951Campbell like this.
  10. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Don't forget Latin American operations. Sox did well there (Ordonez, Lee) before it was turned over to a guy who used it as a slush fund for his gay bar.
  11. samram

samram Bon Vivant

I hate when that happens.
  12. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Every team has had their head guy in Latin American operations funneling money to a gay bar. It's just apart of the crapshoot that is scouting/development.

:rongeyd:
    23Ventura, Ziggy, Team Speed and 5 others like this.
  13. Zoso

That's better than nothing. It's probably our consistently strong bullpen that keeps us somewhat in contention from year to year...that and lots of starter innings. Because we sure as shit can't hit worth a shit.

And yeah we sorely lack in the development part as shown by the fact that when our so-so guys get called up they have no idea how to hit and use their strengths. The Twins version of Morel would be a guy you could bat low in the order and live with him. But our version is a guy who OBPs .270. Their Morel would HIT .270. I mean WTF..
  14. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

Sux

deep dicking
  15. Unregistered

16. Quaye

It's better than nothing, sure, but every team in baseball that isn't a perennial sub-.500 team is good at developing some aspect of their system--middle infielders, power hitting corner players, CFers and catchers, starting pitchers--I mean, It's nice that we aren't one of those terrible organizations who can't develop anyone, but give me the development skills of any other quality organization over ours, especially given how good our pitching coach and trainer are
  17. Zoso

Point is I'd rather be us than the Coo and the bullpen success is a big part of that. It's not the worst thing to be a middling team in baseball like in football.
  18. Quaye

I don't disagree. I just think it can't be that hard to maybe deliver one expected position player prospect. De Aza doesn't count because WHERE THE FUCK DID HE COME FROM. I think even the SOXXX were shocked
  19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

He came from another organizatrion, just like Quintana.
  20. Unregistered

Yeah, Florida I think?
  21. Zoso

Konerko came from another organization.
  22. Zoso

Well yeah it's not that hard, unless you suck as an organization.

Oops.
  23. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Yep. Got him from the Marlins. I was hoping he would be the lead off man in 2010, and then they went out and got Juan Pierre, thus wasting his talents in AAA Charlotte for a year and a half.
  24. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Who was the gay gentleman hating on De Aza this year...chisoxjoe? Guy is literally the least of this team's problems
  25. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

No shit.

Morel? Beckham?

:fin:
  26. October

October Local Pessimist

My buddies and I play the original Bigs when we are drinking. The rosters are from 07 and De Aza is the leadoff batter for the Marlins in that game. I was all :andruw:
  27. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

The Bigs is the best baseball game to play whilst drunk. The Bigs 2 is still in my rotation. The draft-a-team mode is the best.
  28. October

October Local Pessimist

Best part of The Bigs is Darin Erstad.
  29. Zoso

He's not a problem at all. His D is fine, and his OBP was like .350 for most of the year. That makes him better than Pods ever was.
  30. October

October Local Pessimist

De Aza and Wise did their jobs at the top of the lineup. I think chisoxjoe started watching baseball this year in a game that De Aza had like 4-5 Ks and he never forgave him.
  31. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

De Aza was pretty good on the basepaths too. Pods and Pierre had their brainfart moments out there all the time. De Aza not so much at all.
  32. Quaye

He's the exception that proves the rule since Konerko Sucks
    Ziggy likes this.
  33. Quaye

He still came up through the org didn't he? Spent more than a year in the minors? Or am I just an asshole here?

edit: looking at BR.com I am apparently just an asshole
  34. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Assuming De Aza's somewhat surprising rise with the Sox isn't a fluke, he's a pretty good player to keep around. He won't be a FA until 2016, when he's 31 and keeping a CF with above average defense and a .350 OBP with above average speed at a cost controlled price is a no brainer
  35. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Lefty and I use to play many-a hours of The Bigs. I once broke a controller over The Bigs.
    October likes this.
  36. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Man, fuck that guy. Probably gone until April, gonna be a happy winter.
  37. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

The guy who hates every single player on this team but goes to bat for Dayan fucking Viciedo.
    Ziggy likes this.
  38. October

October Local Pessimist

The way he was phased in to the Sox made me think that too. Some at bats in 10, little more in 11 showing signs of being a legit major leaguer, to starter in 12. But nope, he was in the fucking majors in 2007.
  39. Quaye

Maybe Dayan once brutally assaulted a cab driver in Buffalo or something
    Ziggy likes this.
  40. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Brian Anderson can probably play third.
    1951Campbell likes this.
  41. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

[​IMG]
  42. Unregistered