September/October Shitty Gayme Thread

Discussion in 'Game Day' started by Cheeses, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Cheeses

Cheeses Involuntary Immigrant Cupcake Mod

Here's to an exciting finish!!! :D

:bernie:
  2. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

3. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

4. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

That throw

:mj:
  5. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

Holy hell there's still another month of this shit to go?

:gun2:
    Unregistered likes this.
  6. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Baseball in late summer?

:bernie:
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

27 now. They're gonna get that record! Historical bullpen management! :soexcited:

9 for Jones, 7 for Robertson, 3 for Albers...

He also leads the American League with 62 appearances, including 25(!) on zero rest. He appeared in his third straight game Monday and his fourth in five days. In his first full season back from elbow surgery. Robin fucking sucks.

Cheeses and CaptainBallz like this.
  8. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Well, that's just the kind of data they need to convince themselves they just need to spend $15M in the bullpen to be in contention. That's what they did after 2014.

Although:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-bullpen-options-article-1.2770828
  9. Cheeses

Gentile men, gay
  10. CaptainBallz

:gun2:
  11. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

12. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

64 save opps is the 2nd most in baseball.

Solution, put games out of reach, you f@ggots.
  13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Robin sucks but the reason for this is mostly due to the pen just being really shitty
  14. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

A manager is worth 2 maybe 3 wins a season if I recall correctly. Is this team 2-3 wins away from a playoff berth.. NOPE.. Why fire someone just to fire someone. The problem is the owner.. and we can only hope that changes sooner rather than later.
  15. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Can we talk about how shitty Avi Garcia's catch & throw that led to yesterday's loss was?

16. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Pure in-game strategy renders a manager worth 2-3 wins a season but that doesn't take into account his handling of the clubhouse, interactions with players, other coaches, etc. Make no mistake, Robin is a disaster as White Sox manager and regardless of talent (which there hasn't been much) there is no reason he should maintain his job.
    Ziggy and CaptainBallz like this.
  17. BeviBall

I haven't hated a player more than Avi since Norton.
  18. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Heard yesterday that something like 5 out of 200 fly outs of 200 feet or less with a man on 3rd resulted in that man scoring.

Flat footed, facing the wrong direction, double pumping.
  19. BeviBall

Best part was Robertson's no look cutoff of disgust.
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  20. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

He couldn't even make the mound on a fly

:biglaff:
  21. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

Talking bad about the owner?

:banned:
    AnthraxFan93 and CaptainBallz like this.
  22. Unregistered

Perhaps on average, but I know that this season I'm not the only one who watched Robin make a crazy bullpen or in-game decision only to watch it immediately blow up in his face several times. Whether that's just bad luck or bad management, the team BS stat alone (27 for the Sox this year, think 31/32 might be the most this century) is showing how poorly the bullpen is being managed. Jones is going to have the most blown saves in half a decade with around a 2.50 ERA. Is he "shitty" or is just being misused, constantly pitching on no rest, pitching more than any other reliever in baseball, all in the most pressure filled situations. Even Robertson gets lit up every time he's pitching in a non-save situation, and yet that seems to happen about every other week. 2 nights ago, Robin sent 4 guys to the mound to get 3 fairly easy outs in a game they lost anyway.
  23. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Just an absolute cunt of a player.

Hawk said he was the closest to a 5 tool player on the team

:andruw:
  24. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

An underrated aspect of that awful sequence is that he didn't even reach the plate. Nowhere near actually.

That's one of the least major league outfield plays I've seen in quite some time.
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Robin realistically can only be blamed for a handful of the losses. There's many times Robertson has come out and flat out sucked, his ERA is under 4. But we expected him to be an ERA under 3 reliever, so he's had a down year. Jones, Duke and Jennings have been the only reliable pen members.

Duke is now gone and more importantly the back end of the pen can't be God awful, which it is for the Sox. Petricka and Putnam not being able to stay healthy has hurt the most. But since May, Albers has turned into one of the worst players in all of MLB, he has like a -2 WAR. And the trio of Ynoa, Kahnle and Turner can't throw strikes. So our pen is held up by 2 good relievers, an okay but underperforming closer, the relief pitching version of Shields and 3 guys that have control issues. Never going to get results with this group.
  26. October

October Local Pessimist

I'm going to all 4 games in Minnesota. I will have been at all 10 games they play in Minnesota. :gun2:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  27. Cheeses

Gun2?

More like :kobe2:
  28. October

October Local Pessimist

They'll win tonight at least.
  29. October

October Local Pessimist

Fraze homers in my row.
  30. October

October Local Pessimist

Q gives it back and Twins win.:shitty:
  31. October

October Local Pessimist

Left after 2 innings. I will piss on robins grave.
    whitesox901 likes this.
  32. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

2 runs on 10 fucking hits.
  33. CaptainBallz

:kobe2:
  34. October

October Local Pessimist

Game 1: I went 2 innings. I'll go tomorrow but I might be attending minor league ball after tomorrow. I wish nothing more than for Robin to eat lead.
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  35. CaptainBallz

36. whitesox901

Todd Father getting some dingers lately. African American might actually get to 40.
  37. Cheeses

Don't care.
    Ziggy and CaptainBallz like this.
  38. whitesox901

I wouldn't either, but there hasn't been a lot of 40 HR seasons from guys.

Just Frank, Belle, MVPaulie, Dye, Thome, and Dunn.
  39. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

I'd be a lot happier if the FRAZE had an ops over .800 rather than some reaching some arbitrary HR mark
    Fuller likes this.
  40. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Abreu up to .291.
  41. Unregistered

Yes, yes, keep racking up garbage time stats, boys. When they look back in the history books, everybody will forget that you were shitty when it mattered.
  42. Cheeses

Albert Belle syndrome.

:fuckallthat:
  43. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

Is Abreu seriously doing better hitting wise now cuz he saw his kid?

Maybe Drake WAS the answer when looking at prior season.
    AnthraxFan93 likes this.
  44. October

October Local Pessimist

Abreu is hitting better because the pressure is completely off. He's fucking terrible, all 25 guys on the roster are crap.
  45. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching* Cupcake Mod

dickless wonder magic is woven into the logo.
  46. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

Winning solves all the minor other problems you mentioned.. Which Robin/Madden/ Mike S in LAAAAAAAAA can't do with this or past 3 year teams. They fired Ozzie and what did that do? I believe Robin's contract is up at the end of year, and their new manager is still in the dugout already.

I can't believe the best trade in White Sox history would ever do such a dumb play.. With that said, Hahn failed on this trade no mistake about it. The Sox need two OF this coming off-season, along with two C and a 2b.. But good news, Jerry said we are going for it again! OOO and several bullpen pieces.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  47. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

They don't need 2 Cs, Navarez has the backup job locked up.
  48. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Hawk compared Frazier to Bryant yesterday. Basically said Frazier's defense makes up for the 90 point gap in batting average
  49. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

50. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Traded as part of a 3-team trade by the Detroit Tigers to the Chicago White Sox. The Detroit Tigers sent Brayan Villarreal to the Boston Red Sox. The Chicago White Sox sent Jake Peavy to the Boston Red Sox. The Boston Red Sox sent Jose Iglesias to the Detroit Tigers. The Boston Red Sox sent Cleuluis Rondon (minors), Frankie Montas and J.B. Wendelken to the Chicago White Sox.

Oh yeah; they really got the shit end of that deal with all those All Stars involved.
    BeviBall likes this.