National Anthem Protests: or How the 'Haps Sucks at Creating New Threads

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by maurice, Aug 27, 2016.

1. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Just watched last nights South Park. Funny stuff.
  2. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

The SP solution was similar to my reaction to this nonsense. Do whatever you want, and don't care about what anybody else is doing. We're such a nation of insecure butthurt gay gentlemen.
  3. skottyj

My take on it is do whatever you want just don't be a dick about it. I can see if Kap was out there and draped himself in an ISIS flag or something. Or decided to keep warming up it would be a problem. Silent protests are ok in my book.
    Ziggy and maurice like this.
  4. skottyj

I'm eating a hot dog with catsup; that's pretty unAmerican.
  5. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

The gay gentlemenry of white America knows no bounds
  6. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

7. gbergman

gbergman Legendary Drunken Youth

Pretty legit way to handle it.
  8. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

9. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Still doing the pledge in hikes cool?

:cmon:
    y2chae and CaptainBallz like this.
  10. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

I had a friend in grade school that never stood for the pledge because he's a Jehovah's witness. Pretty much everyone just :shrug: and went about their day.
  11. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Jehovah's witness kid has a point. Why start every day by pledging allegiance to an inanimate object?

I used to say the original version from when Cheeses was in school, before they fruited it up even more by adding "under god."
  12. skottyj

I've seen this one popping up recently:

[​IMG]
  13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I'm pretty sure my middle school didn't do the pledge
  14. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yes, a silent protest is suppose to be a respectful protest. He's not yelling or talking during it or doing some salute. He's still observing the anthem but by sitting or kneeling he's just saying "there are some problems in this country that I'm not okay with". Insane how far people have taken this
    Fuller likes this.
  15. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Exactly. Wade continuing to warmup during the Canadian anthem is far more insulting but no one (IE: :repub:s) gives a crap because it wasn't our anthem.
  16. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

In fairness, the Canadian anthem kind of sucks. The only time it was ever good was Robert Goulet before Wrestlemania 6.
    skottyj and CaptainBallz like this.
  17. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Just kidding, it doesn't happen because the police don't shoot unarmed Canadians.

Just kidding, it doesn't happen because the ice is too cold to sit on.

Just kidding, it doesn't happen because it's too hard to get back up while wearing skates.
  18. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Wonder how many of these morons realize most of their hockey heroes don't give a shit about the American national anthem as it's mostly Canadians and some Europeans.
  19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

20. skottyj

21. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I thought the whole part of Kaepernick's protest was in fact about police shooting unarmed Canadians.
  22. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Not THAT kind of Canadian!
    sycked and skottyj like this.
  23. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

24. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching* Cupcake Mod

It's always using the whitest upper middle classiest sport to prove a point about reverence and attitude and values.

Criticizing someone's right to protest is just the most fascist asshole anti democratic thing. I hope these people get invited to a gay night club in Orlando
    Ziggy, sycked and Fuller like this.
  25. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Enough of this quiet non-violence. Black people should protest in a way historically approved by white peole:
    Dress up like a different ethnic group, steal a large quantity of valuable goods, and destroy them by polluting a harbor.
  26. gbergman

gbergman Legendary Drunken Youth

As long as the tea is organic.
  27. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Gregg Popovich's response to the protests:

Compare that to DITAK and his "get the hell out of my country!"
    Fuller likes this.
  29. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Steve Kerr said something similar and how he fully expects these type of protests to continue when Thug Ball returns in October.

:lenny:

quote:

"It's probably one of the best things to come out of the Kaepernick issue is that people are talking, and that's a good thing," Kerr told reporters on Wednesday, via Anthony Slater of the Bay Area News Group. "No matter what side of the spectrum you're on, I would hope that every American is disgusted with what is going on around the country, what just happened in Tulsa two days ago with Terence Crutcher."

"It doesn't matter what side you're on on the Kaepernick stuff," the 2015-16 Coach of the Year continued. "You better be disgusted about the things that are happening. I understand people who are offended by his stance. Maybe they have a military family member who is offended. Maybe they lost somebody in a war and that flag or the anthem means a lot more to them than someone else. But then you flip it around, and what about non-violent protests? That's America. This is what our country is about. It's a non-violent protest. That's what it should be about."

Kerr said he's spoken to several members of the Warriors about the ongoing movement, and he said he'll address the issue to his entire team before the regular season begins. He added that he'll support his players if they decide to speak out.

"As long as the message is clear, I'm all for people speaking out against injustice," Kerr said. "Whatever form that takes, if it's non-violent and it leads to conversation, then I think that's a good thing."
    Ziggy and maurice like this.
  30. CaptainBallz

31. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Who's the Bulls coach again?
    maurice likes this.
  32. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

33. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Popovitch really deserves props for how he was able to crystallize this into a very rich and meaningful quote. I wish everyone in America could read that and think about it.

Also, I was recently struck by a comment from the Chicago Police Chief and I wish it could have come up in last night's debate. Every politico has a so-called cure for what ails the inner city problem. And this police chief just nailed it. People need hope for a future. If they have no hope, then they are just living for the moment and they have nothing to lose. People who have nothing to lose are the most dangerous.

So we need to come up with some kind of way to instill hope and a future for these folks who have been disenfranchised and treated as nothing more than a guaranteed vote.
  34. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Chicago Police Commissioner DESTROYS BLM in one statement.
    skottyj likes this.
  35. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

[​IMG]

:Bernie:
  36. CaptainBallz

Saw that. Is Shane aware that people are probably also glaring at him for being a :fagot:
    Deuce likes this.
  37. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

Too punk rock for that.
  38. Cheeses

Cheeses Involuntary Immigrant Cupcake Mod

Is that a Coo hat?
    Deuce likes this.
  39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Who the hell is Shane?
  40. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

My biggest issue wrt this is: Why does one adult care what another adult does if it doesn't affect them in any way? Is this high school or something?

Such a bunch of :fagot:
    Ziggy, Deuce and Fuller like this.
  41. skottyj

Might as well get a tattoo of a turban; damn towel head. Got outta my country.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Texans LT Duane Brown sums up the :repub: types nicely:

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2016/10/02/duane-brown-houston-texans-colin-kaepernick

He also posted some of the highlights he's gotten from twitter trolls

upload_2016-10-3_14-25-37.png
  43. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

no one at this bar standing for the anthem on mnf. bunch of jojo haters...
  44. skottyj

I find it's best to call black guys Jigaboos. That usually gets the point across.
  45. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Hero in blue working security at a second tier soccer game gets mad at a Chilean citizen for not standing during the anthem and kicks him out. The entire PD responds by refusing to work anymore games. Fucking pussies the lot of them.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-scene-yukon-police-to-no-longer-work-at-rayo-okc-matches/article/5520751

46. CaptainBallz

So, what in the actual fuck is the Yukon PD butthurt about here?
  47. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Not enough hero worship, it would seem.
  48. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I think they are just butt hurt :fagot:'s
  49. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

The (white) people who are upset that players won't just do their jobs and leave politics out it must be equally upset that this cop and his fellow LEOs don't just do their security jobs and leave politics out of it.
  50. CaptainBallz

Non-citizen soccer fan was treated like an asshole by a vet for not standing during not-his national anthem!! No more half-ass "security" for your podunk soccer team!!! :confused:

Total :fagot:s