National Anthem Protests: or How the 'Haps Sucks at Creating New Threads

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by maurice, Aug 27, 2016.

1. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

"I am not going to stand up (for the anthem) to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL.com after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
  2. gbergman

gbergman Legendary Drunken Youth

White is a color....

There is a thing called freedom of expression in this country, so if he wants to sit then fine. He is lucky to live in a country that allows him the freedom to do that. In countries such as North Korea, Iran, and Saudi Arabia where there is legitimate oppression; he would not be so fortunate.
  3. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

CrazyButtfuckMcGee No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Hey, remember Colin Kaepernick?!
  4. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Guy looks like a terrorist
  5. y2chae

y2chae Panda

This is a horrible strawman
    Ziggy and maurice like this.
  6. Cheeses

Cheeses Depraved Pervert, Wilco Fan Cupcake Mod

"If you don't like it, leave."

:wank:
  7. gbergman

gbergman Legendary Drunken Youth

Some of the more idiotic ones are people calling him an ISIS sympathizer, or people flat out making racist statements.
  8. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

What most people don't realize is that Kaepernick truly has the heart of an activist.

He was one of the first responders when floodwaters devastated Baton Rouge. He led several rallies this summer in the Englewood community on Chicago's south side in a move to try to help bring an end to the violence that has ravaged the black community. He was one of the few voices of reason at the DNC in Philly that helped to prevent BLM from creating a violent scene at the doors of the convention.

So cut Colin Kaepernick some slack because he WALKS the talk!
  9. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

Kaep will have plenty of time to sit this season after his performance.
  10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all the

:repub: butt hurt about Kaep but I kind of am. Didn't realize a borderline starting QB not standing for the anthem was this big of a deal

:repub:

[​IMG]

11. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Some white guy from Carpentersville just called 670 and said he comes from a police and military family and this is disrespectful

12. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Definitely should not be surprised at :repub:s being complete gay gentlemen about a non-white failing to meet their arbitrary and non-negotiable (for non-whites) code of conduct.
    y2chae, Ziggy and maurice like this.
  13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Damien Woody with the :weebey: reply
    CrazyButtfuckMcGee likes this.
  14. Cheeses

Protesting the national anthem = hating your country

:ok:
  15. Fuller

All I can say is that Kaepernick looks like a Slow Loris
  16. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

I see an NFL Civil War coming soon. Winner take all.
  17. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

Let's not forget Kaep is a fucking shithead though. Of all the NFL blaxxx to shoulder this cause, he's one of the worst. Also, I'm sure his teammates love having to talk about this all the time. You know none of them gave two shits about him previously neither.

Still, non-American!!

18. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

He sort said he does though, which is his right.
  19. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I'm no fan of Kaep but his likability has nothing to do with the ultimate point of his actions.
  20. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

Might not have been if it weren't for Gabby Douglas being raked over the coals for less.

I'm fine with what he did but soup to nuts this all but fades away once Kaep sees it's too much work to be an activist or dictator Goodell's gag order sets in.
  21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

You keep saying you don't have an issue with Kaep but keep bringing out strawmen

1) That before this incident he was already an unlikable guy, which I agreed with

2) That his actions will be marginalized because he won't put in the work to be an activist

Both points really don't change why he's doing what he's doing. Also none of us know what kind of activism he does outside of the public eye.
  22. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

At face value, no. But I just can't take him seriously and it's totally believable this is more an attempt to stay relevant. OTOH, this country is :fucked: eight ways from Sunday and if it takes a guy like Kaep to get the ball rolling, then let's push. It's been 20 years since Mahmoud Abdul Rauf so we could use a refresher even if that was religiously motivated.
  23. Cheeses

I think Kaep is personally at the not giving a fuck what happens with his career stage and is all :fuckit:
  24. y2chae

y2chae Panda

If his plan to stay relevant was to raise his chances of getting cut and forfeit $19 million in non guaranteed salary, then he's one of the dumbest people in on this planet. I mean that is possible, just like Derrick Rose says it's possible the Knicks could go 82-0.

I don't see this as Kaep getting the ball rolling. The ball was already rolling but as Ballz says this is another :repub: moment in where a non white is being attacked because he didn't adhere to the unspoken (white) code of conduct which is white people telling non whites how they should go about protesting racial inequality. It's magnified due to the shitty brand of right wing politics that already exists within the NFL.
  25. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

Has he said why? I just heard that he doesn't want to stand for a flag that oppresses black people and that he was profiled once when helping his friend move out of college. Was there something that happened recently that he referenced as the catalyst for this action? Or did he just feel that was the right thing to do at that time?
  26. Fuller

Meh, back in the day we had Duane Thomas turn his back on the flag during the national anthem and somehow the NFL remained intact.
  27. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

This is likely. Once Gabbert (Gabbo?) takes hold of the starting job, he's essentially done. Maybe he's just using the what's left of the remaining spotlight to get some things said?
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rnick-defends-national-anthem-protest-n639116

He spoke more at length about it yesterday, I don't think these are his full comments but it was the most I could find on a quick Google search.

29. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

I do love that last bit. Well, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because I don't disagree with any of those reasons.
  30. Fuller

I get where he is coming from, but talk is cheap. If you are really committed to the cause, then DO something. Be a part of it. This token BS doesn't mean jack. Gimme time & treasure, then I will take you seriously.
  31. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Perhaps this is all just a ploy for Kaepernick to get Fuller to take him seriously.
  32. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:shrug:

A lot of black dudes saw those videos that came out back-to-back and their visceral reaction was, "Fuck this shit where they can shoot me even when I do everything right and there's nothing we can do to stop them."
  33. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

I guess he also did this the week before too but since he didn't play, it wasn't covered.
  34. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Also when did the flag become a thing where it only represents the military?

It represents the entire country, all of its citizens.
  35. Cheeses

Saw some truly meatheaded comments from some thickneck white fuck on the Vikings.

:devito:
  36. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

NFL is just going off of Goodell's edict. They'll do whatever they can to quash this.

:devito:
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah his ex teammate Alex Boone.

The best was Boone was all butt hurt that Anquan Boldin (whose cousin got murdered by a cop) backed Kaep, because apparently Boldin was a great leader on the Niners. Maybe if a guy who was a great locker room guy and commanded respect makes a point about something... perhaps there is something to it you stupid fuck?
  38. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

Is it any surprise these football players act this way? The NFL is nothing more than a military-like spectacle every week. And with all the head injuries it's a wonder there aren't more Armen Tamzarian war flashbacks.
  39. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

Except Coffee quit football because God told him.....or maybe it was the fact he wasn't going to make the team. Then three years later joined the service because he had nothing else to do :lol:
  40. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

To quote comments on facebook...
    I guess
    is just too transparent?
  41. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Just last week a teammate of Joey Bosa's told him to suck it up and get on the field when Joey was disputing unprecedented and downright unfair language in his rookie contract.

Is it any wonder they have the weakest players union (with the worst CBA deal) of any major pro sports league?
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah like most political memes, it's just full of misleading nonsense. Coffee was a 3rd round pick and was making less than a million a year. He could've played himself into millions of dollars but that was no guarantee so he didn't really forfeit millions of dollars. He also quit football because he didn't care for the sport, which is certainly his right, but like you said, it's not like he quit just to join he military. He joined years later. Also people act like Kaepernick was just handed $19 million dollars. He earned it the most "American" way possible, working hard and performing well on the field.
  43. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

y2chae likes this.
  44. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

45. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Ah the blacks kill each other so who cares if some cops happen to kill a few blacks argument
  46. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching* Cupcake Mod

Had a pax ask me about the Kap sitch. He was a nerdy soft white guy and he of course thought it was disrespectful. I asked what is the direct link between a sports event and patriotism/nationalism. Of course he had no answer because there isn't one.

Ban the national anthem
    Ziggy, CaptainBallz and maurice like this.
  47. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

Some cops never return to work after murdering a citizen? Boy, it's all crystal clear now.
  48. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Nationalism before a sporting event is one of the dumbest things we do in this country.

About to watch some grown men beat each others brains in for 3 hours for entertainment purposes, totally an appropriate setting to have military flyovers and soldiers marching around with flags before. It's forced patriotism and that's not a good thing. Also, the NFL made money off that bullshit.
    Ziggy and whitesox901 like this.
  49. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Some 60YO douche gave me and IWMB the stink eye because we were texting (while standing) during GBA. I only stood because I reflexively expected Take Me Out To The Ballgame and forgot they still play that other lame shit on Sundays.
    Jackie Treehorn and CaptainBallz like this.
  50. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

Only following this bullshit loosely since I am overseas, but...did Kaep seriously wear a Fidel Castro shirt to the press conference after the game he protested oppression?