Let's Make A Deal!: 2013 SUX Edition

Discussion in 'Take my Konerko, please?' started by IWMB, Jul 10, 2013.

1. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

2. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

:simon:

primo dicking
  3. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

Not many major league ready players on the roster, so looks like they're aiming to fleece some GMs over here.

:approved:
  4. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

5. spiffie

spiffie Got his zipper stuck

Dear God they even suck at sucking.
  6. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

Why not load up on draft picks? Or low minors prospects with high ceilings?
  7. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Draft picks?

:mj:
  8. spiffie

9. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

I don't think their demands are that outrages. Why not target MLB ready, or near MLB ready players?

:shrug:
  10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Who on the Sox roster is going to get these returns?
  11. whitesox901

12. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:lebron:
  13. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

I dunno what I'm talking about.

Ima go back to bed...
  14. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Maybe they're more willing to eat salary now, but why not get higher ceiling guys further down in the systems and use the money saved on salary in the international market, etc.?

Unless Hahn has no confidence in Bell to develop anyone and needs guys who have been developed by other teams to near major-league readiness.
  15. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

:nod:

It's not like they have a history of developing All-star caliber position players.
  16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I like how most successful minor league systems are run by sabr new schools guys and the Sox have buddy bell.
  17. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I imagine they're trying to put together a package deal, marketing themselves as one-stop shopping. Need a starter, a reliever, and a maybe okay bat to fill gaping holes in your roster? Give up one MLB-ready prospect and a chump from A-ball.
    Quaye likes this.
  18. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

Radio this morning was spreading half truths and secrets about the Bucs acquiring Alexei

:what:

primo dicking
    maurice and Cheeses like this.
  19. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

20. Cheeses

Cheeses Do not be afraid to crush the cucks with your mind Cupcake Mod

21. spiffie

22. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

23. Iwritecode

I'm not totally against the idea but I would be shocked if any team actually met the Sox asking price for Sale.
  24. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Basically, "team is pathetic and pretty much worse than every other team in every way. So trade anything remotely valuable because you'll need everything you can get to rebuild this piece of shit franchise. Also, Cubs are horrible so don't worry about any sort of scenario where they're winning championships while your team is eating shit. Chicago baseball just generally eats shit now and for the immediate future."
  25. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

26. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I would trade him for the Cardinals top 3 prospects, possibly top 2.
  27. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

yeah I dont think its a horrible idea but you better get a shit load in return and he could possibly bring that
    Ziggy and whitesox901 like this.
  28. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Probably the intermediate future as well.
  29. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

But but but...THE PLAN!

Weird we have our own plan meme here that gets in the way of making fun of Cubs fans chirping about theirs 24/7, :lol:
  30. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Pretty much this. It's one of those "if they make you an offer you can't refuse" type situations.
  31. spiffie

The only reason I think there's even a chance you might get a proper return for Sale is his contract. He's controlled until 2019. A team might be able to justify giving away a couple all-star level prospects to get 6 seasons of an all-star pitcher that never breaks the bank.
  32. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I wouldn't trade him for 2 prospects, unless they've determined that he's Sirotka-esque damaged goods. The chances that even one of those guys becomes as valuable as Sale is pretty low.

Even if they suck for a few years, they'll have to have SOMEBODY on the roster, and the payroll will be substantially higher than the MLB minimum. Might as well hang on to a young All Star.
  33. spiffie

They might not get one guy back who is as good as Sale, but if you could get 3 guys who will be above-average MLB players in 2017 for you, filling spots in your lineup while cost controlled, is that worth more than a possible all-star pitcher? I think it is. Others likely will disagree.
  34. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

What are the chances that the 3 current minor leaguers they receive will be above-average MLB players for the Sox in 2017? Less than 5%?

Prospects are a crapshoot. Sale is a known quantity (again, barring injury).
  35. Iwritecode

The problem is figuring out which players will be above average major leaguers in 3 or 4 years. Somebody on Soxtalk mentioned the highly touted prospects the Indians got from the Brewers for Sabathia.

The best player from that deal turned out to be Michael Brantley who was the PTBNL.
  36. LuvSox

LuvSox Has genuine dislike for Sycked

Also--do we trust the White Sox to properly scout any prospects?
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I know it's prospects but if the Sox were offered Taveras, Martinez and Wong for Sale... those 3 are better than anyone in the Sox system right now and loaded with potential.

Taveras should become a perennial all star, if Martinez pans out you have basically replaced Sale and Wong projects to be an above average 2B. If they were offered this, I'd take it (of course I don't see the Cards ever make this sort of offer), the Sox aren't winning shit in 2014 or 15, 2016 is the earliest any playoff window opens.

This would also fill the Sox desire to get MLB ready talent.
  38. spiffie

I would think whatever you get for Sale you're hoping that each one is at least a very good chance of being an everyday player. If you can't get that kind of return, then I wouldn't want to trade him. So even if one flames out, you're still looking at 2 spots filled. Given how many spots this team will likely have to fill, and their dubious record at developing in-house talent, I'd like as many lottery tickets as they can get when it comes to position players.

I trust the Sox well enough to find and develop more quality pitching over the next five years, so that even a loss like Sale could be weathered, then I do for them to identify and develop young position talent straight from the draft.

Also, I am a dark cloud who is sure if they don't trade Sale soon that one day next year he's going to pull a Tom Browning or Dave Dravecky or something worse against the Twins some random day in June, and we will spend the next 10 years lamenting "what could have been if only Chris Sale's arm hadn't been torn off in that freak bear mauling?"
    Retarded Ox likes this.
  39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

They should also think about trading Reed. Reed is a good closer but he's not elite. If you can get 2 blue chip prospects for him, do it.

The Sox have a decent closer prospect in Daniel Webb.
  40. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

They also grow closers on trees.

Remember how pissed the meatballs were when they traded Santos? Look how all that worked out.
  41. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

Well will never know what Gaines Adams could have been traded for.

primo dicking
  42. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

All Hahn will do is trade some buttfuck like Morel and get back some other buttfuck. Guy has no nuts.

PROVE ME WRONG!
    BURGH likes this.
  43. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

44. whitesox901

Peavy drawing interest from Arizona.

I would think Peavy would be a higher commodity to teams than Garza because of his extra year on his contract.

:praying: please swindle Kevin Towers.
  45. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Right, it's a closer, who cares? If you can get anything of merit for a closer you absolutely do it. Reed would be a perfect sell-high option too.
  46. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

That's my biggest fear of trading Sale. I'm all for it, but not with the organization's track record to scout and develop prospects.
  47. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Have faith in Buddy Bell
  48. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

NO, thank you
  49. y2chae

y2chae Panda

50. whitesox901