Kubbie Klown Haps 2015

Discussion in 'The Other 29' started by Cheeses, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Multiple sources indicate Heyward has indeed chosen Cubs over Cards, Nats.
  2. Team Speed

Team Speed Fun Bad

3. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

:twitch:
    Cheeses likes this.
  4. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Took less money from the coo, too, reportedly.
  5. skottyj

Only numbers I have heard is 6 years 190 mil. Funny hearing old guys down here trying to explain war to each other. He only hit 16 home runs last year; but he has a 6.5 war. That is worth 31 a year.
  6. sycked

Easy to pay Heyward that sort of money when the rest of your lineup is making next to nothing. They've addressed one of their biggest concerns in terms of defense, added another solid starter for a formidable 1-2-3, and added two great OBP bats that aren't strictly power hitters.

It's nothing short of amazing what Theo has managed to accomplish since coming to town. Tore down the remnants of an awful front office and is now finally getting a chance to spend that Ricketts money.

Meanwhile, the Sox in that time frame?

:diddle:
  7. Team Speed

Team Speed Fun Bad

Hopefully he's an asshole who divides the clubhouse or something. I'm grasping.
    Ziggy and CaptainBallz like this.
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Only 6 years leads me to believe he has an opt out after 3 or 4
  9. Cheeses

Cheeses Depraved Pervert, Wilco Fan Cupcake Mod

:cud:
    gbergman likes this.
  10. Team Speed

Team Speed Fun Bad

I saw 185 over 8 years which would be a big discount to expectations. Maybe opt out after 4 if that's the case.
  11. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

I just stick to my theory that Cubbie ineptitude is a law of nature that shan't be defied by savvy general managing.

Doesn't make it any easier to see the Sox pulling their collective puds while Theo continues getting it the fuck done on paper.
  12. skottyj

Heyward’s contract guarantees him less than $185MM and is believed to be for eight years, reports Wittenmyer
  13. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

14. gbergman

gbergman Legendary Drunken Youth

If I was the Cubs I would try and sign Alex Gordon to shore up that outfield defense and get a good OBP OPS guy. Move Schwarber to an AL team in need of a DH for some power pitching middle relief. Unless they really feel that he can learn to catch or become an average left fielder because he is terrible right now minus his bat.
  15. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

CrazyButtfuckMcGee No wallet. No crack. Not me.

They're the odds on favorite to win next year.

Out in NLDS.
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  16. SouthAsianpalehose

SouthAsianpalehose Slumdog Hundred-aire

17. sycked

I like the one claiming that championships are won through the play of whites and that the Cards were better off avoiding any potential off the field issues with Heyward due to his race.
  18. gbergman

Apparently all of those Royals players were white
  19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Cards fans really are the worst. Get a brain, morans.
  20. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Massive shootout a block from Wrigley early yesterday morning. More than 80 shots fired. That's a crazy number, even by Chicago standards.

At about the same time, less shooty crazy shit was happening at the annual 12 Bars beer crawl, starting with a drunk chick sleeping in an Uber at 12:53pm.
  21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

A dude from Evanston was arrested for the Wrigley shooting.

Also society should use TBOX as some sort of social Darwinism experiment, just round up everyone that attends and put them in prison labor camps as it can be assumed they provide no other merit to society.
    Jackie Treehorn, Ziggy and Cheeses like this.
  22. skottyj

The war on Christmas continues.
  23. skottyj

The Cubs were all on the juice.
  24. Cheeses

25. skottyj

Last night, news broke of an Al Jazeera TV news documentary (that aired tonight) which alleged that Ryan Howard, Ryan Zimmerman, Taylor Teagarden and several NFL stars all received illegal PEDs. Denials have been issued by many of the parties named in the report, including Howard and Zimmerman to Al Jazeera and their mutual attorney to MLBTR

Teargarden played 8 games for the Cubs this year. Theo has history bringing in steroid guys. So I'm inferring that Teargarden was brought in to pass drugs around to players. Also half of the Packers are on the shit including Julius Peppers. I watched the show last night. It's interesting but probably bullshit.
  26. Cheeses

The guy that was the source has recanted and said he made it up to "test" the reporter or some shit.
  27. skottyj

It was all undercover. But it seemed like it was bullshit. No way someone would open up and offer that kind of info that quickly. But they had this Teargarden on take himself saying he took drugs. Why would a MLB hopeful admit that even if the was joking.
  28. Cheeses

Just saw Jesse Rogers as an ABC 7 sports correspondent.

:trump:
  29. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Great bump

:shithead:
  30. gbergman

31. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.