Joe Paterno: He Gawn

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by BURGH, Jan 21, 2012.

1. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

ND will never be dethroned just because. What PSU did outshits BU by a nose but they've burned me twice now and the football program is dead to me for the foreseeable future.
  2. y2chae

y2chae Panda

As Bevi says annoying fan bases. ND also obnoxiously throws in their religious institution affiliation at times. OSU also got more hate able when they hired Urban Liar.
  3. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Anti Catholic haps?
  4. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Notre Dame also might have covered up another rape.
    Deuce likes this.
  5. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I get that people don't like Saban and Bama, but this is still my favorite CFB game of all time.
    BeviBall likes this.
  6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I don't really mind Bama, just tired of seeing them win.

901, I have a saying that I think most guys who grew up on the south side or the south/southwest burbs can relate to: 'Growing up, you're either the 20% of kids of love ND or the 80% who hate those kids'.

I've hated ND since like 4th grade.
  7. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Looking back at that 2012 Bama roster, a bunch of them did jack shit in the NFL. Overall 4 Notre Dame players have had decent to good pro careers while Bama only produced 2 good pros.

Zack Martin, Theo Riddick, Tyler Eifert, Stephon Tuitt vs Amari Cooper, CJ Molsey
  8. Cheeses

Cheeses The canvas can do miracles Cupcake Mod

Eddie Lacy?
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

No mention of Manti Te'o?
    Cheeses likes this.
  10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

The way his career is trending, Lacy might not be in the NFL much longer.
  11. y2chae

y2chae Panda

It appears his NFL career has been okay so far but lack of any mention of him in the past few years you'd think he was as invisible as his fake girlfriend.
  12. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

I imagine playing for the Chargers just does that to a player.
  13. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

When I was a Freshman in HS, 2 of our alumns were starters on the ND championship team. That made it difficult to be a hater, but this Rudy shit you see (superfans with absolutely zero connection to the program) is really over the top. The biggest ND superfan I know currently is a fucking townie who presumably applied to ND and couldn't get in. Yet he still spends hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year on ND football and even basketball shit.

:andruw:
  14. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

We need to carve out a few percentage points for those of us who grew up in the area and never gave a flying fuck about anything ND. Some of my best friends (and their whole families apparently) were huge ND lovers, though I honestly couldn't tell you what connection, if any, they had to the place. At least one of them eventually went to ND, and he's somewhat your typical alum in that respect. (Q: How do you know someone graduated from ND? A: Oh, they'll tell you).

I never got around to "hating" ND, just couldn't rub two shits together... basically how I still feel about all college sport, cuz they're lame.
    chops likes this.
  15. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

College sports are better because there are more (white) people playing the games "the right way."
  16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

And the blacks that come from poor families should be lucky because they are getting PAID. With a free education at a 4 year school worth $250,000!
  17. Cheeses

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  18. chops

chops never met prope

Old man shithead loves ND and BAMA.

My allegiances lie with my wallet, if that means rooting for the fucking Irish, so be it.
  19. Cheeses

I'm not a homer, though, I know when ND blows.

Except of course:
    ND 24
    Bama 20

:teef:
  20. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Illinois Fucking State. I did run into an old WW2 vet who was wearing a North Dakota State jacket and we gave each other shit about the FCS championship game from a few years back.

Other than that, I just care about watching good football.