Indiana Breweries

Discussion in 'Alehose' started by maurice, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

Not sure which distributor it is, but one of them doesn't sell craft beer south of 22nd street, with the exception of Maria's. Seems demand is high enough up north, and they don't want to step on the toes of other distributors. Half Acre doesn't produce a lot of beer, so that could be the issue as well. Pipeworks self-distributes, I think, so they are where they work out a deal to be.
  2. Infinite1

Infinite1 Master and Ruler of the World

Bastards
    Deuce likes this.
  3. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I guess I should mention in this thread that the brewpub has been up and running in the Miller Beach section of Gary (right off the S Shore line) for a few weeks. They're getting ready to brew Sinistar.

I'll have to stop in the next time I spend the weekend in MI.
  4. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

I want to support those guys but the three offerings I've had from them are... well, they're average at best. Drew is a super nice guy though.
  5. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

yeah, so is Todd
  6. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

That whole corridor from Chicago to Greenbush (roughly) is getting pretty dense with brewers.

Flossmoor Station, 3F, 18th St., Shoreline, another new place by former GB peeps, Pleasant House 2 in Three Oaks.

It almost seems . . . unsustainable.
  7. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

How is Flossmoor these days? Haven't been since Shimkos, who was average, got canned.
  8. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

It's okay. Most of the time when I'm overbythere, I have to figure out where I can stop with children and non-beer-drinking women. That includes Flossmoor (but not 18th St).
  9. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

10. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

18th Street Brewery is proud to announce that they will be opening the doors of their new brewpub and production facility to the public on Saturday, February 6th from 12pm-12am. 18th Street Brewery is located at 5417 Oakley Ave in Hammond, Indiana. The grand opening will be a 21+ over event and they will be accepting cash only. 18th Street’s original brewpub, located at 5725 Miller Ave. in Gary, Ind., remains open Tuesdays through Sundays.

18th Street Brewery opened their Gary location in 2014 with a small, three-barrel brewing system. After being awarded BEST NEW BREWERY in INDIANA 2013 by Rate Beer, 18th Street Brewery’s popularity blew up. They quickly realized they needed more space to accommodate patrons, and, most importantly, more tanks to brew enough beer to quench the demand.

Two years later, 18th Street Brewery has continued to grow. Led by owner Drew Fox, they have worked with some of the top national and international breweries in the world, and recently brewed a collaborative beer with Northwest Indiana’s own Three Floyd’s Brewery. With this continued growth, Fox recognized the need for even more space and even more tanks than what the 4,000 square-foot Gary building could offer.

18th Street’s new Hammond location - which at one time was a furniture storage warehouse - offers 32,000 square feet and the opportunity to continue their expansion for many years to come. Located in a growing downtown district, the new brewpub and production facility is located just across the Illinois border and within walking distance of many new businesses, as well as a recently-built police station, several government buildings, a major hospital and the Monon Trail.
  11. CaptainBallz

closer to home!

:yes:
  12. Cheeses

Cheeses Social justice for everyone but white men Cupcake Mod

:davidcross:
    sycked likes this.
  13. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

14. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

18th Street hired a chef who worked at the Peninsula, Graham Elliot Bistro, Longman & Eagle, and Dusek's for its Hammond location. I thought that the food at the original location was pretty basic, so this is a significant change.
  15. CaptainBallz

Just saw that. I'm intrigued.
  16. CaptainBallz

18th St. Valentines Day tasting menu haps... $140 for an all-inclusive sexy beer/wine dinner for 2

http://www.18thstreetbrewery.com/valentines-day-dinner/valentines-day-dinner

:nicholson:
  17. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Was at the Shelf Ice Brewer's Fest in Michigan City over the weekend. Plenty of Indiana breweries, but you had some tables for Founders, Bells, Greenbush, and Revolution. Couple of favorites that I had were from Goshen Brewing, Burn 'Em, Deer Creek, and Zorn Brewing Co.
  18. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

The Burn 'Em guys used to work at GB, which is closer than almost every other brewery in Indiana. The obvious exception is Shoreline, which is right there in MC.

Not sure why I set up the threads this way. In my head, I always group the south suburban, NW IN, and SW MI breweries together, because that's how I plan my weekend trips.
  19. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

We ended up at Burn 'Em for some after party, but gtfo once we saw the band warming up. Took a cab over to Greenbush where I enjoyed many meats.