I like beer

Discussion in 'Alehose' started by Timmy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

Typical neckbeard beernerd gentlesir:

Goofy "sophisticated" hat :check:

"Those" stupid looking glasses :check:

Awful facial hair (trimmed mustache, stupid beard) :check:

Extraneous, out of place jewelry :check:

Wookie-esque chest hair poking out of his collar :check:
    Ziggy, chops and CaptainBallz like this.
  2. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

We've met.

:cmon:
    chops likes this.
  3. chops

chops never met prope

It's possible you hit puberty since I last saw you and finally grew facial hair.
  4. CaptainBallz

5. CaptainBallz

Also, that picture would indicate that I've passed the beer tutorial and am now euphoric
    chops likes this.
  6. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Not for you, tho.

It's 10 mins from you on the #8 bus.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

Ticket purchased. It's going to be a solid event and almost certainly my last for the year. Baby is coming.
    maurice likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

No costume though. I'm too old for that shit.
  9. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

Not bad for me. If I wasn't Vegas tired it would be a coin flip.
  10. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Honestly, I think you might not enjoy the crowd, which is all the reason you need for not coming. Cost is not an issue, because it's crazy cheap for unlimited craft beer. Distance also is not an issue. Chops or Ballz could object on that basis . . . but they've both previously accepted my invites to B'port drinking haps. Sycked, Chae, IWMB, and zmz legitimately could object to distance, but they're always cool about that. If they want to come, they do. If they don't want to come, they don't. That's good enough for me. It's 2017. People don't need to give excuses.

I've known Deuce for over 20 years, so I'll give him shit at my discretion. He has consumed countless free craft beers as the +1 to my super secret invitation. The last time he attended a "Friday beer event," he got completely annihilated. I stopped drinking early so I could personally drive him to his brother's house in fucking Orland Park with my 2 young kids in tow, so I don't need to accept his distance excuse either.

At the end of the day, this is ostensibly a Sox site, and the Sox play in my neighborhood. Should I feel free to post B'port events as well as downtown events? If I stopped inviting you assholes to this shit, then you'd complain about that too because, frankly, none of them are "awful." In fact, the shit I post tends to be pretty fucking awesome relative to the average vaguely beer-related event attended by your friend Chad and his girlfriend Trixie. A lot of it (especially this event) is inexpensive and attended by a who's who of the industry, as well as some pretty solid Atmosphere 2.

Marz taproom will be opening soon. I'll be sure to invite Ballz and his wife, who had a good time there previously despite the distance.
    zmz, Ziggy, sycked and 3 others like this.
  11. chops

chops never met prope

I only bitch about distance when it concerns shitty Cheeses having his divorce party in an empty west loop bar because of cheap pizza.

So, what is this unlimited free craft beer haps?
    zmz likes this.
  12. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

There are a few. I invited you to one across from Sear Tower a couple of years ago. You initially said you were going but then didn't.
  13. Cheeses

The cheap pizza wasn’t THE reason I had the Wipehandsapalooza there, dummy. They have a solid beer selection, a nice physical space and a decent chance of A2.
  14. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

A2 is pretty sad there, actually. Most of the servers are dumpy. I met hot customers there exactly once, when I went with Deuce and Ziggy.
  15. chops

chops never met prope

:shrug:

That sounds familiar, some chick who runs something with MillerCoors?
  16. chops

chops never met prope

Ziggy left Germany? Is he blacker than you?
  17. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

Listen, if it wasn't for peer pressure from actual peers, I would spend my nights watching bullshit reality cooking shows every night, drunk off of whatever cheap booze I can buy in bulk. I like hanging around with you bastards. Oak Park Microbrew was killer this year. Skylark for GDDC and KBS, with some Coffee Abraxas is a dream come true. (Next year, I'm going to dinner with Bevi afterwards) This should be fun too, and it is, and I will gladly take some shit talking if it means I will get hammed up with you RFs.

In conclusion: Had me at hello.
  18. CaptainBallz

I'd probably check it out tomorrow, but have a Halloween party up north on Saturday, so have to domesticate my shit tomorrow. I was just wondering how Marz was coming along. Will for sure be there.
  19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Speaking of cooking shows, I guess I buried the lede on this. The host is a friend of mine who is a celebrity chef. He won that Alton Brown show twice, knows everybody in Chicago craft beer, and is executive chef at both Maria's and Marz. Last time I drank with him at this venue was one of the happiest days of Deuce's drinking life.

Ima go out on a limb and say it won't be awful.
    Deuce likes this.
  20. BeviBall

I wouldn't know about any of this stuff if it wasn't for Mo. As for location, you can get anywhere in this shitty with a medium-at-best amount of effort, so that's not a deal-breaker outside of rush hour haps normally. This event was a little early for downtown get-out-at-6 but it goes for 4 hours so that's not bad.

But, yeah, I do loathe crowds and EDM so this one isn't for me (and where the "awful" part comes in). I want to hear you cunts talk and not screaming over a bass beat. I bet the A2 will be off the charts, though.
    Deuce likes this.
  21. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Prediction: Half of attendees will be 20-something-YO women in Halloween costumes.

:panic:
  22. CaptainBallz

Ah, blueballz haps
    chops and Deuce like this.
  23. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Glad I didn’t buy a ticket. Fuck work haps. Worst two days of my short career. Tomorrow night would inevitably result in waking up to being kicked out of an uber and paying the $150 cleaning fee. I really wanted to go, too.
  24. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

It was four or five years ago when I was back and finishing my Bachelor's Degree right after I got out of the Army.
  25. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Something worse than teacher tired?!?
    Cheeses likes this.
  26. BeviBall

How can this be?
  27. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

28. sycked

Doesn’t look all that insufferable based on 1 pic from Deuce. Then again, it’s a still image and not a video w/ audio. Stuck at work til 6.
  29. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

0% douchey. A2 on point. Unlimited 2014 BCBS. Music so far is hip hop and punk.

:uraguay:
  30. Cheeses

Skottyj punk or good punk?

:thinking:
  31. BeviBall

That's on time.
  32. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Dino S'mores Release Party at The Mousetrap
    Tuesday, October 31st! 4-10pm

[​IMG]
    That’s right. Not only is this year’s Dino S’mores brewed, packaged, and ready for consumption, the release party is at our soon-to-be-open taproom, The Mousetrap. There are still a few finishing touches we need to put on the place (our lights should be on by then), but we’re going to use this release party as a preview of what’s to come. Since it’s a pre-opening, we won’t have: liquor, cocktails, wines, or bad attitudes. What we will have: a Dino S’mores vertical on tap that includes this year’s Dino as well as Dino variants from previous years. There’s not going to be a lot of it, so get there early.
  33. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Prolly heading over to this ^ between 4 and 5.
  34. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Co worker had an extra ticket to FOBAB so now I'm going
  35. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Lots of BA beer stuff going on at the same time around the city, possibly as a direct result of stupid ticket prices. Some of them are advertised as: "Didn't buy a ticket to FoBAB? Come to this instead."
  36. y2chae

y2chae Panda

37. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Friends of Brian Anderson, boy?
  38. sycked

Just cleared out the local liquor store of Surly Darkness 2017.

:gene:

$25 a piece after taxes. :punchballs:
    Deuce likes this.
  39. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I think I still have my 2016. Time to plan the dark beer about?
    Deuce likes this.
  40. BeviBall

I have a few 2009s as well.
    Deuce likes this.
  41. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Next B'port beer event:
    Friday, 12/1 from 7-11pm
    Pizza & endless Marz beer
    Tickets are $30
    CaptainBallz and sycked like this.
  42. sycked

It would be RF if i missed this.
  43. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Facebook event for this?
  44. BeviBall

Sounds delightful
  45. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

Tried a milk stout. It was fine.
  46. BeviBall

47. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

Friday night brews in Bridgeport?

[​IMG]
  48. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Brewers Unleashed at Miller Coors today. The beer at these has gotten progressively worse, but the silver lining is that drives away the middle-aged beardos, who apparently have been replaced entirely by young women. It's currently like 50% chicks in here with an average age of about 25.
    DepaulSox and sycked like this.
  49. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Basically the West Loop FNF crowd, except the food and beer are free.
  50. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I have gout.

It's been fun, beer.