I like beer

Discussion in 'Alehose' started by Timmy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

Saw a dude the other day in my 'hood carrying home a 12-er of Beck's. I had to scrape away several layers of neurons in my skull to even remember what Beck's was. :andruw:
  2. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Becks rules
  3. Cheeses

Isn't it just a skunky lager?
  4. chops

chops never met prope

I had a High Life last night, it ruled.
  5. BeviBall

BeviBall No wallet. No crack. Not me.

6. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

This Sunday:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1905865633072994/
  7. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

The Bourbon County Barleywine from this year is infected again. Not being released.

:devito:
  8. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

9. SABRSox

Fucking InBev...
  10. chops

chops never met prope

for real? what the fuck
  11. BeviBall

12. SABRSox

http://www.gooseisland.com/blog/2017-bourbon-county-variants

13. SABRSox

Revolution has a far superior barrel aging program at this point.
  14. y2chae

y2chae Panda

That's the special Reserve one for this year. Regular 2017 Barleywine is still coming out.
  15. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

17. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

18. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

tapped my first cider this evening. i purposely used an ale yeast as opposed to a champagne/wine yeast, so it wouldn't end up too dry. mofo is still hella dry but with a boss apple flavor. i carbonated it pretty high but fits the style. added a touch of table sugar at the start of fermentation, bumped this bad boy up to 7% abv.
  19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

3F Broo Doo harvest IPA on at Skylark. This is pretty much the end of the wet hopped stuff this year.
  20. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

22. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Only reason you live/moved to Logan was because it became a hip place with trendy bars and restaurants. Now after having kids you are butt hurt about having too many bars and restaurants?

Also the only reason you have drunk people walking down Logan is because THEY ARE YOUR NEIGHBORS. Logan doesn't have a stretch of bars, they are pretty much all concentrated along Milwaukee.

:andruw:
  23. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Then move if you don't like it. Also go open up a small artisan shop if you want those around. Apparently no one is clamoring for those.

Enrico is not a RF.
  24. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

A classy brewpub by a nationally renowned brewer? Fuck all that. It would clash with all of the decaying firetrap shitholes on that stretch of California Avenue!
    \
    :rf:

It's like the shitheads who move to the NW suburbs and complain about ORD noise.
    Ziggy, sycked and Deuce like this.
  25. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Pipeworks is the definition of an "artisan shop." This should be nothing like a Lakeview bro bar, and the alternative isn't a place that makes candles from the earwax of Guatemalan peasants.

I guess this is the
    :whitepeople:
    version of all the Mexicans who complain whenever non-Mexican people open nice things in their neighborhood. Because god forbid some white guys turns a crack house into a business that employs people who live in the neighborhood.
    y2chae likes this.
  26. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Not only that but a local brewer and a business that will be sustainable and create jobs.

Also I think this drunk people keeping me up thing is a myth. Yeah sometimes there are drunk assholes outside making noise but drunk people usually don't loiter around a single area and make noise, they are walking through. So the noise disturbance lasts, what a few seconds? And I've seen Logan Blvd late at night, it's not like it's a stream of people walking around at night as you might see in Wrigleyville or River North. It's just a few people here and there.
  27. Cheeses

Plus the fact that these people, y'know, live on fucking California Avenue.

:cmon:
    IWMB and maurice like this.
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah white NIMBYS are just as bad as the Mexican anti gentrification whackos. Anyone who opposes a business opening nice things is a complete RF. Like you said this isn't going to some run of the mill bro bar or some nightclub that attracts the 'wrong element'. It's going to be a craft beer brewpub where most of it's customers aren't leaving shitfaced.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  29. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Oh, I'm sure I'll be leaving shitfaced. Last time I drank Pipeworks (at a bottle share last week), I barely made it back to the el. I'm just not sure that you, me, and Tony leaving shitfaced is any worse that what currently is happening on fucking California Avenue.

OTOH, if sycked is leaving shitfaced, they might have a valid point.
    Deuce, sycked and Cheeses like this.
  30. Cheeses

31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:biglaff:

Also when guys like us leave a place shitfaced, we aren't bros looking to go start a fight with some other group of bros. We just typically get a bit loud and as you said, it's not anything worse than what normally happens now on California Ave.
  32. y2chae

y2chae Panda

33. y2chae

y2chae Panda

34. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Carrie should convince her husband to let her open a bridal shoppe or a record store.

:lol: at making the neighborhood "smelly." Does California Ave. currently smell better than delicious malt and hops?
    Fuller, CaptainBallz and sycked like this.
  35. chops

chops never met prope

I hate people. Carrie sucks.
  36. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

37. BeviBall

Got a private tour with Tomme Arthur at Lost Abbey on Monday. I mentioned how much I love Duck Duck Gooze and he pulls out an unlabeled bottle from his private stash from 2016 that we all shared at the bar. Nice guy. We drank for free as well as received a 75% discount on any beer-to-go.
  38. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

39. BeviBall

One day Ballz, you'll finish the beer tutorial.
  40. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

41. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Chae is really pushing me to some Braderbrau event.

Are you 100% going, no basketball haps?
  42. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Already bought a ticket and booked a babysitter.
    sycked likes this.
  43. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

Yeah, my one gayme the entire season, it being a single elimination playoff match that happens to fall on a Wednesday. Drank two beers.

:cmon:
    IWMB and y2chae like this.
  44. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Result sucked but it's the only meaningful Fire game in 5 years.
    Deuce likes this.
  45. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Also the Fire suck. Granted all their creative players were basically injured but :cmon:
  46. Deuce

Deuce Has Dysentery

I want to go to the Boo HaHa. But like every other Friday beer event, its a late night event and I have to figure out how to get the fuck home to RF. A lot easier when its downtown. Probably will leave by 9:30 to grab the Halsted to Ogilvie then Metra to RF.
  47. BeviBall

And the more I read about that event, the more awful it sounds. $30 for strobing, glowing lights and extremely loud, most likely awful music? Ehhhhh. Tap list is decent and all but I'd rather pay full price at Parlor.
    y2chae likes this.
  48. chops

chops never met prope

Actual picture of Ballz? or DaleJrFan?
  49. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Beer list rules but I don't have any desire to be in a crowd of costume wearing dopes with all the things you listed: strobe/glowing lights, loud most likely EDM or top 40 dance music. It's a good value for the beer but sometimes you're just willing to pay full price to avoid the other shit.
  50. BeviBall

Plus, the location sucks for most of us.