*Fantasy Baseball: Rants and Raves Thread*

Discussion in 'The Other 29' started by Pig, Aug 11, 2008.

1. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I think everyone currently in the league and Prope (which would be 7 people) have approved $50. If the Infinite/Chops team would join up again this year and be willing to do $50 an 8 team league at $50 would be fine with me. It'd be more money than a 10 team league at $30.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Unless Veep is also willing to do $50. Rent in Dekalb is like what $200 a month? With his union job he should be rolling in cash.
  2. Retarded Ox

Retarded Ox I wish Quaye would hug me.

Infinite/Chops :waiting:
  3. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I did, I sent an e-mail when I created the league to whatever e-mail address they had linked to the league last season but no one joined.

:angry:
  4. Retarded Ox

Mexicans and Dagos never a good mix when you need to get something done
  5. y2chae

y2chae Panda

True. I recently remembered IWMB played last season too but I get the feeling he wasn't really all that into it and is not interested in returning. I could be wrong though.
  6. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

:sadnana:
  7. Retarded Ox

Way to fuck things up Chae!
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Should be fixed. QCIA was in the league last year too and was active but I guess he doesn't post here anymore.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

I did not delete any Hosed teams yet so anyone that was in the league last year can still join with their league history intact.
  9. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:waiting: for Prope to sign up. I just got another person to join, with Prope we have 8 at $50. If we can get a couple more that'd be great too.
  10. BTrain929

BTrain929 98% of you are failed abortions

i'm in a money league, and need some keeper advice. 10 team rotisserie league with the usual 10 categories (avg, hrs, rbis, runs, sb, w, k's, svs, era, whip). i also have the first pick in the draft. i get to keep 4 players of:

lincecum
    dunn
    utley
    andrus
    beckham
    ellsbury
    figgins
    konerko
    kendry morales
    mike stanton

in my mind, lincecum and dunn are no doubters. utley WAS a no doubt keeper until all these rumors about possible surgery surfaced. opinions/thoughts/prayers?
  11. champagne030

champagne030 champagne029 was taken

I'd be up for paying myself a couple two'tree hundred to win tis league.

Seriously, if you want another, I would be interested.
  12. Retarded Ox

Chae get Champagne in and get one more. Would be great to have at least 10 teams. 8 team and even 10 team leagues the rosters are loaded. It would also be great if Chips/Infinite stopped being so fucking gay.
  13. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:waiting: for Infinite or Chops to start replying to this thread.

Champagne I will PM you the details.
  14. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

That's tough... lot of good guys in that. Stanton is nice, but you have to understand that his average is going to suck.

I'd probably do Lincecum, Dunn, Utley and Ellsbury as pretty much sure bets. If you feel uncomfortable about Utley, maybe you can do Stanton and just punt avg.
  15. Retarded Ox

i would not keep Utley every report coming out of there keeps getting shittier and shittier. I would say Lincecum and Ellsbury are the only no doubters with Stanton and Dunn somewhat close to no doubters :shrug:
  16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I'd go Lincecum, Dunn, Elllsbury and probably Stanton. Utley's knees are gone or something. No love for Kendry? I know he's coming off a serious injury but I say he's going to have 130 OPS+ season.
  17. Retarded Ox

I loved Kendry until I drafted him and he broke his leg. I think Kendry is gonna slide in a lot of drafts and he will become a great value pick but because of the leg injury and the seriousness of it , it would stop me from keeping him.
  18. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Prope has joined the league.

:badger:

Dude I know told me yesterday he is in but hasn't joined yet.
  19. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Wow, yeah just read a new article on Utley. Yeeeah... that's not looking good.

That's probably where I'd go, I'm just not sure what btrain wants to do. You are pretty much going to lose AVG if you have Dunn and Stanton, but Stanton is going to give you a bunch of really awesome power seasons going forward.
  20. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

After an Utley at 100%, 2B is usually a toss-up anyways. Unless Kinsler decides to stay healthy all year. So Ellsbury and gamble on Kendry or Stanton?
  21. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

Best 2B in the league has three x's in his name

XXXavier Nady has switched 2B
  22. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Xander Crews
  23. Quaye

Quaye I basically hate Jeans

Xray Durxhamx
  24. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Xavier Nady should stop playing baseball. Dudes had like 2 Tommy Johns for a position player. I'm good.
  25. BTrain929

BTrain929 98% of you are failed abortions

is ellsbury 100% ready to roll?
  26. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Pretty sure, he's had a good spring too. I got him in the 6th-7th round in my first draft. It was awesome.
  27. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I'm still annoyed by Chae's friend going all nerd-rage on me. :angry:
  28. y2chae

y2chae Panda

He didn't get that people can take shit talking by strangers over the internet some what seriously. It's also best not to let idiots annoy you.
  29. samram

samram Bon Vivant

All right, looking for some advice here. I need to move Longoria as I've kept him 3 times. Another guy needs to move Lincecum. I'm thinking Longoria and Cahill for Sandoval and Lincecum. I'd prefer to give up Carpenter instead of Cahill, but not sure how much that would fly. Anyway, does that look like I'm giving up too much there? I've had a bunch of people interested in Longoria, but no one else has a 3B replacement like this among those teams.
  30. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

POP POP proposed 4 different trades to me today, your friends are weird Chae
  31. Retarded Ox

I get 2 or 3 a day. I leave them there hoping for a injury to my guy hes asking for and then I hope I can nail him
  32. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I get a bad offer for Weaver from POP POP weekly at the minimum.
  33. BBJ

BBJ Well-Known Member

So I just made two pretty big deals in a keeper league. I am currently 4th, decided to go for it.

I sent Rollins/Floyd for Alexei/Lester (Think I raped this deal)

Rasmus/Melencon/5th next year for Cuddyer/Rivera/15th next year

My 2b is Beckham/Jemilie Weeks right now. Plus I don't want to be in the playoffs and wonder if Seattle or Houston will win a game that week to get some saves. (I have League too)

Team looks like this:

Lipton Brew INC.

C
    Yadier Molina
    (StL - C)

1B
    Adrian Gonzalez
    (Bos - 1B)

2B
    Jemile Weeks
    (Oak - 2B)

3B
    Alex Gordon
    (KC - 3B,OF)

SS
    Alexei Ramirez
    (CWS - SS)

OF
    Andrew McCutchen
    (Pit - OF)

OF
    Jay Bruce
    (Cin - OF)

OF
    Carlos Quentin
    (CWS - OF)

Util
    Eric Hosmer
    (KC - 1B)

SP
    Justin Verlander
    (Det - SP)

SP
    Yovani Gallardo
    (Mil - SP)

RP
    Neftali Feliz
    (Tex - RP)

RP
    Mariano Rivera
    (NYY - RP)

P
    Chris Perez
    (Cle - RP)

P
    Brandon League
    (Sea - RP)

P
    Shaun Marcum
    (Mil - SP)

BN
    Seth Smith
    (Col - OF)

BN
    Gordon Beckham
    (CWS - 2B)

BN
    Mike Trout
    (LAA - OF) NA

BN
    Michael Cuddyer
    (Min - 1B,2B,3B,OF)

BN
    Shin-Soo Choo
    (Cle - OF)

DL
    Brian Roberts
    (Bal - 2B) DL

BN
    Bud Norris
    (Hou - SP)

BN
    Justin Masterson
    (Cle - SP,RP)

BN
    Mat Latos
    (SD - SP)

BN
    Vance Worley
    (Phi - SP)

Jon Lester
    (Bos - SP)
  34. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah you easily win that first trade. Are you in a 12 team league? I just don't see Beckham having any fantasy value unless you are in a 16 team league or something like that.
  35. BBJ

BBJ Well-Known Member

10 and I am now dumping Beckham.
  36. Retarded Ox

Still dont understand in Chaes fucked up shit how a straight drop takes 24 hours to apply to your roster, if I get fucked this week Im going out and shooting every Chae I see!
  37. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Hey I admitted I fucked up. I was playing around the with setting because I was trying to find a way to effectively stop the pitch and ditch tactic people always try to use.
  38. Retarded Ox

39. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

:dance:
  40. Retarded Ox

Chaes stupid settings saved me a nice spike in ERA and WHIP from Jurrjens. Nice save Chae.............................................this time
  41. Retarded Ox

I had already chalked up another loss in the first round of playoffs in Chaes league but somehow I won. I am glad I checked that shit this morning. Sucks to be Prope. :hello:
  42. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Bad weekend, kinda relieved to not have to pay attention to it anymore. That Devin kid is still a giant piece of shit though :beardance:
  43. Retarded Ox

is that POP POP?
  44. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Dr. Anthony Galea but POP POP also sucks. CHAE I HATE YOUR FRIENDS I'M SORRY!!!!
  45. Retarded Ox

Im playing Galea he doesnt bother me but I really hate POP POP.......and I hate Prope. Sorry Chae! Not sorry to you Prope.....well maybe a tad sorry but not enough to erase my hatred for you
  46. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Shit your guys game was pretty close.

My friends are pieces of shits :shrug:
  47. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

48. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

My team dominated.

I'm usually awesome until like week 6-7 when I start to suck and limp into the playoffs for a first round exit.
  49. Retarded Ox

oh yeah I hate Fed too
  50. FedEx

FedEx Delivers