Chance Hats Back on Sale

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by Unregistered, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

2. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

The black SoX hat isn't on there, so I'm okay with this.
  3. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Saw this earlier. Was too lazy to post.

Also:

:pass:
  4. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I actually really like this, but not for 40 bucks.

[​IMG]
    sycked likes this.
  5. y2chae

y2chae Panda

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017...icago-white-sox-to-thank-for-his-iconic-3-hat

So he was never even an official team ambassador.

:clowns:

One of the hottest music acts in the country wants to represent your team and you can't get a deal done? (or just refuse).

Team hat on Coloring Book album cover would've been great marketing. Just a bunch of morons that run this team.
  6. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

7. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Hey Brooks

:maher:
  8. Cheeses

Cheeses Chárles le Brun Cupcake Mod

At least we got that stadium naming rights deal done this offseason!!!1!!!

:fuckeverybody:
  9. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

10. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

And still no beer sponsor as far as I can tell. Any update Z?
  11. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Are they just quietly dropping Miller for Bud knowing some midwestern loyalists might get sad?
  12. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

That's fucking unbelievable. Free publicity, not that people buy CDs or albums anymore, but what is the negative of having a popular celebrity wearing your shit? That's free publicity. Marketing 101. How do you say no to that? Its not like its gangsta rap or some shit. I'm trying to come up with a reason old man Reinsy would have said no, but ultimately that's on Brooks & Co to school Reinsy on what this act is (catering to all the white New Trier kids that live in Reinsy's neighborhood). Fuck.
  13. CaptainBallz

Don't want to be too aligned with a certain :airquotes: element :airquotes:, noam sayin'?
  14. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Would this have really done anything for the team? I think you all are just getting your panties in a bunch. He did still sell White Sox themed hats. So they did let him use their logo. Isn't his whole thing that all his shit is streaming? So what does it matter what the cover is? Not like you have a physical copy. I can't really think of any remarkable album covers of the past three or so years since I stopped buying physical copies of music.
  15. CaptainBallz

Dude's album cover was slathered everywhere for a while. Dude just Grammy'd harder than Kentz's dad... sang songs about GAWD. Definitely wouldn't want your team's logo associated with any of that.
    zmz, Cheeses and maurice like this.
  16. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

It's not just an album cover...he stopped wearing the hat and started wearing his own --- everywhere.

Yeah, no value in your hat being seen by millions during the Grammys at all.
  17. CaptainBallz

Break me off a piece o' dat Kit-Kat bar... in a SOX hat. Boom. Back on the map.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

How does Brooks still have a job? Also, Reinsdorf's rumored/possibly confirmed friendship with Donald Sterling explains why they jerked Chance around and cost the team a lot of potential young fans (Donnie even did Jerry a favor hiring Vinny the Black right after the Bulls hired Thibs).
  19. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:stretch:
    y2chae likes this.
  20. skottyj

How the fuck would I know any of that; I thought it was just about the album cover. Cut at old white guy some slack. I don't know this dude's music. I know he's got that song with 2 Chainz but that's about it.

Also in the early 90's the Sox logo was everywhere; did that do anything to the fan base besides sell merch? I know you're going to say this is a local kid and he's not a gangster rapper but I really don't think it would do much besides sell merch. Some kid in Arkansas isn't going to see a dude wearing a Sox hat at the grammys and immediately get the MLB package so he can cheer on Jose Abreu.
  21. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

http://www.thecatbirdseatblog.com/blog/2014/5/4/ve7z13sqknysq65omrtr4zt182s9uj

http://coco.barstoolsports.com/chic...rce=desktop&utm_medium=prev&utm_campaign=push
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  22. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

You come on here and accuse everyone of overreacting and shit and getting their "panties in a bunch" and then reply "well how was I supposed to know, duh". Don't comment on shit you don't know about.
    whitesox901 likes this.
  23. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

It is obvious that the White Sox didn't understand Chance, and the opportunity they had with him. There are probably some racist undertones there, but more likely its because they don't really understand much of anything. Let's be honest... their marketing is fucking atrocious, and has been for years.
    DepaulSox and CaptainBallz like this.
  24. skottyj

Eat dick.
    chops likes this.
  25. CaptainBallz

Ziggy, DepaulSox, chops and 1 other person like this.
  26. SABRSox

27. sycked

The "3" hat is a huge hit among the kids at my school. Shirts with the "3" are huge, too. A year ago, all these kids were obsessed with drill/trap guys like Chief Keef, G Herbo, and Lil Reese. Chance has made huge strides in the past year since the release. Meanwhile, I've only seen one kid wearing a SoX hoodie.

Of course, this is a Hangar-esque anecdotal observation based around a school on the north side, but still. Dumb. I'll occasionally have my SoX hat on my desk and the kids love it, despite Cubs WS gear being wildly popular.
    Ziggy and Cheeses like this.
  28. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Exactly, it's the inner city kid and the honkey at New Trier that you're going for here.
  29. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Sycked sounds like prezbo
  30. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I tell him he's prez at least once a week
  31. chops

chops never met prope

Are you guys roomies?
    Cheeses likes this.
  32. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Need 2 more dudes
    skottyj likes this.
  33. CaptainBallz

34. SABRSox

35. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

36. CaptainBallz

Definitely wouldn't want him pulling that shit in a SOX hat
  37. sycked

Every teacher tired cuck on my Facebook is sharing this story...

Wouldn't want to piss off some All Lives Matter types from Beverly, tho
  38. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Not to be outdone, DRose donates $1 million to After School Matters.
  39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Apparently that's from 2014. Rose fanboys have been sharing that story because people were like "Why didn't Rose ever do anything for CPS?" since he has a lot more money than Chance.
  40. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Just catching up to this story today. How inept can the White Sox be? Look, you can argue it won't really move tickets or whatever but it's a brand thing. Having one of the biggest musical acts in the world wearing and representing your brand is a big deal, regardless of what that "brand" is. Instead, he smartly created his own brand and now that "3" hat is an image that can be directly attributed to Chance.

Regardless of the ROI, it's not the worst thing in the world to have a dude wearing your team's hat while accepting Grammy's or passing out money to help schools, right?

Fucking morons.
    Ziggy, Deuce and chops like this.
  41. CaptainBallz

Obama wore SOX hats on the reg and now we have Trump.

:greatjob:
    chops likes this.
  42. chops

chops never met prope

Under Obama, the SOX went 8 straight years without a playoff appearance.

A winning % of .479, lost 675 games and have basically sucked.

Maybe the SOX will make baseball great again
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  43. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Tone it down, Ballz. Not everybody here is happy that the former president is a Sox fan.
    Ziggy and CaptainBallz like this.
  44. sycked

The kids were actually pissed off at chance today. They're worried his 1 million will mean that the school year doesn't end three weeks early.

For those of you who don't know, CPS announced that the school year will end on June 1st instead of June 20th unless Rauner coughs up $215 mil to cover a budget shortfall.

:balelaff:
  45. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Do you lose that pay?
  46. sycked

You know it.
    Cheeses likes this.
  47. SABRSox

Make Teachers Make Less Again
  48. skottyj