BULLS Haps 16/17

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by IWMB, Oct 15, 2016.

1. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

I still stand by Zach LaVine as the guy the Bulls should have drafted.
  2. SABRSox

I've heard they absolutely were not.
  3. y2chae

y2chae Panda

4. SABRSox

The one silver lining about the Celtics standing pat is that come draft night, after they've been bounced in the playoffs, they may still be willing to do the Butler trade with the Nets picks.
  5. SABRSox

I guess Woj is reporting that the Bulls wanted pieces of the Celtics core instead of the picks. Are they out of their fucking minds?

The Bulls clearly have no faith in their ability to scout in that case. Fire everybody.
  6. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Makes sense if you're OKC, but I don't see the Bulls' angle.

Cell, Jerry, sell.
  7. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

CrazyButtfuckMcGee No wallet. No crack. Not me.

8. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

What the fuck? Taj, McD, and a 2nd for another guard? One that averages 5 ppg? Bulls are "high" on him. Fucking of course they are.
    :gfy:
  9. rustysurf83

"In fact, among 295 players averaging at least 16 minutes per game, Payne’s 40.2 true shooting percentage is second worst in the league, in front of only Justise Winslow (39.7 percent)"

blolololololol
  10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

11. rustysurf83

"Fred Hoiberg’s group now touts five point guards, with Grant the only real player who can move off the ball – Rajon Rondo, Michael Carter-Williams, and Payne are strictly point guards, and Isaiah Canaan is simply an end-of-the-bench option."
    blolololololol
  12. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

SABR called Joakim Noah a superstar in that thread. Are you sure you want to be hitching your wagon?
  13. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I'd suggest listening to the Taj Gibson interview on Bernstein and Goff. Dude loves Thibs.
  14. SABRSox

Joakim Noah in his prime was a pretty fucking good player. Now, not so much.
  15. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

He wasn't a superstar, give it up.
  16. SABRSox

Jay Cutler is best Bears QB ever. Give it up.
    chops, maurice, IWMB and 1 other person like this.
  17. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I'll take false equivalencies for $200, Alex
  18. CrazyButtfuckMcGee

CrazyButtfuckMcGee No wallet. No crack. Not me.

I went back and saw that. It prompted me to type "Jesus Buttfucking Christ" in reply. Hah. Buttfucking.
  19. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

I'm going to the game tonight.
  20. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Here's a fun chain of events:

1. LaMarcus Aldridge traded for Tyrus Thomas.
    2. Tyrus Thomas traded to the Bobcats for a 1st round pick.
    3. Bobcats #1 + Bulls #1 + 2 2nd round picks from Deng trade for Doug McDermott.
    4. Doug McDermott + Taj Gibson + 2nd round pick for Cameron Payne and Anthony Morrow.

:gar:
  21. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

22. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Hope you guys weren't worried, but Anthony Morrow will not wear #1.
  23. rustysurf83

The entire Twitter shitstorm over that is fucking pathetic.

He won A mvp & no titles. The 12th man should be allowed to wear #1 if he wants to.
  24. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Tom Fornelli had a good tweetstorm on the Bulls tonight. If I knew how put them here, I would.
  25. y2chae

y2chae Panda

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...isappointing-yes-these-are-your-chicago-bulls

Fed posted this on FB. Me and him then had a chat, we still lay most of the blame on GarPax. Fred hasn't been good but he also hasn't had the players he needs to run his offense. Yeah perhaps he's not a strong personality but he was a college coach coming to the NBA. Could Brad Stevens control this shit locker room? Once Rondo started acting out in Boston, Stevens told Ainge he wanted him gone and then he was sent away. You needed a young impressionable core that could shoot 3's for the Hoiberg thing to work. I wish I could punch Gar in the face.

We also agree that we believe Fred is playing 11-12 man rotations as a passive aggressive FU to GarPax.
  26. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Cowley had a quote on B&B at the end of last season that 'roaches and Gar Forman would survive a nuclear blast.' I'll never be convinced that he was ever right for this job.
  27. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Gar is awful.
  28. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Jason Goff, which I question whether or not he really has sources, said the other day that the Funk/King broadcast has sounded very similar to the end of the 2015 season when Thibs was sent packing.
  29. y2chae

y2chae Panda

He has sources around the league, maybe not the Bulls
  30. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

That sounds about right. I'm fairly positive that Bernstein is Paxson's guy in the media, and that is where a lot of the Gar hate (as appropriate as that is) comes from.
  31. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

A guest (I forget who) said the opposite on the Score the other day. He said that management wanted the big rotations so that they could evaluate players (especially their 5 PGs), while Fred still wants to play matchups and win games. He also said that, if Jimmy stays, then DWade will stay, and they'll try to recruit a couple of veterans. Of course, recruiting vets like Rondo is self-defeating. They need a stretch-4 and a PG who can shoot 3s, like every other team in the league has. Hell, the Bulls practically invented the spot-up shooting PG, but I guess Pax wouldn't know anything about that.
  32. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

Uhh, Niko and Bobby Portis are still on the roster. Hello?!?!?!
  33. y2chae

y2chae Panda

If that's the case I'm surprised Fred is following orders like that (probably why they hired him though, being easy to work with and not Thibs)

But I mean what are they going to do to him? Fire him? Get paid the remaining 3 years of your contract without having to work. He could take a year off and have a high profile college job waiting for him.
  34. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I'm not sure what there is to evaluate. I mean, it's good that Valentine has been playing more, but moving Taj just means that they are forced to play guys who obviously suck. Portis has gotten worse the more he's played and shows zero interest in playing defense. Lauvergne needs to hit the weight room. Payne can't shoot for shit, but yet he never saw a shot that he didn't want to take. Chae's guy Grant is the best outside shooter still on the team but, for whatever reason, they don't like him in that role. They seem to have finished evaluating Niko and MCW.
  35. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Portis was at like 38% 3PT earlier in the season. Now he's down to 32%.

:dab:
  36. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

I wish Matt Lloyd was back.
  37. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Friend posted a charity bracket pool on FB. Person who finishes dead last gets tickets to the last game of the year :lol:
  38. SABRSox

Niko looked good last night. I still think he has a future in the league, though I doubt it will be with the Bulls.
  39. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

I was one of Niko's biggest supporters but I think that ship has sailed. I'm not sure he has "IT". His awareness of the game at large seems lacking. When he's feeling it and hitting shots from deep, he looks like a useful player but that's really all he brings to the table. He's not even great in a spot up shooter role either because he routinely looks lost and he's a huge liability on defense.

What's funny is Box Plus/Minus actually grades his offense (-1.2 this year) worse than his defense (0.2) which is all kinds of ironic.

Personally, I think people in-town think Mirotic is useful but anyone who watches the NBA at large would see just where he is at this point in his career. I'd expect him back in Euro ball.
  40. SABRSox

Perhaps, though I could also just as easily see him winding up on the Spurs and just killing it there. I think he's in the wrong system here in Chicago, whatever that system actually is.
  41. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Dude routinely gets wide open 3s and has a hard time hitting more than 30% of them. If he can't succeed under those circumstances, then he can't succeed anywhere.
  42. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Exactly, he has a poor 3 point % even though he routinely gets good looks every game. It's a confidence thing that he can't overcome.
  43. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

This has been, and will continue to be, the best comment on Mirotic.
  44. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

The Bulls system is based on a "creative offensive mind" coach completely doing away with any thought on offense he has and replace it with isolation basketball.
  45. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

This just became a lot easier to accomplish. Wade is done for the season.
  46. SABRSox

As in he's sitting down on the court and saying "Fuck This," or he's actually injured?
  47. skottyj

Regular season. We gotta get the 8 seed for him and he leads us to the Finals.
  48. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

MRI found a small fracture in his right elbow.
  49. skottyj

Is there reverse cucking? I would bang Gabrielle Union.
    chops likes this.
  50. SABRSox

Ah. Well, hello lottery pick.