Brooklyn Hipster Bar Arcade Concept Comes To Chicago

Discussion in 'Alehose' started by maurice, Feb 3, 2012.

1. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:nod:
  2. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Oh shit nice. Didn't know you moved closer to that area. Sweet.
  3. y2chae

y2chae Panda

It's a mile and a half away, which I guess is walking distance but not close enough to seem like I can pop in whenever I feel like it. Actually only about a mile less from where I was at. But I guess a mile walk is significant. ​
  4. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Chae lives in Humbolt Park.
  5. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

chae makes a mean horchata.
    Ziggy likes this.
  6. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Technically my area is probably considered that (Walton & Rockwell) but my block is 80-90 percent whitey so I don't give a shit, culturally it's Ukrainian Village.

This is a flip from my old place, where it was technically Logan Square but it was like 50 percent Infinites.
  7. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Going to this place in about a hour.
  8. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Atmosphere 2?
  9. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

chix with dix?

big boner
  10. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Too god damn crowded, place was much smaller than I thought it'd be. Doesn't really feel like going to an arcade, more like going to a Wicker Park bar that just happens to have 20 arcade machines. No beers in cans, only draft which I guess isn't a big deal but they charge $4 for a PBR. Beer selection overall is pretty decent though.

Also too many shitty people who think going to a hipster bar with arcade games means dress as "hipster nerd chic" as possible. Some dude was carrying around a guitar hero guitar (they don't have guitar hero there), some girl was dressed as Mario, and I saw several people wearing clever video game t shirts. Of course, a lot more Asian dudes at the place than you'd see at any other bar in the area. Even though they don't really have any arcade games that Asians play, so I didn't really get it. If there was a Marvel vs Capcom machine I'd understand why Asians would be there but Asians don't play NBA Jam or Asteroids.

Highlight was when I got into my cab at the end of the night saw a huge black chick (like at least 6 feet) trying to attack/fight some white bro dude and another white bro dude was trying to separate them in the middle of the street. Cab driver told me he sees a bro types getting into fights around the area all the time.

1.5 :badger: out of 5 :badger: mostly because of the crowd, probably would be at least 3 :badger: if there was half as many people inside
  11. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Wait, fuckers dress up all video gamey to go to this place? Get fucked
  12. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

Just go to galloping ghost and get beer at brixies down the street. Free bacon on mondays
  13. Stockdale4Veep

Also for 5 dollars, pbr tall boy and a shot of malort
  14. y2chae

y2chae Panda

At least when I was there they did. And I agree, get fucked indeed.
  15. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Damn was gonna try to go there within the next few weeks.
  16. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

You could wear your Katamari shirt. See, that would actually be acceptable unlike all of the crap that chae listed.
  17. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:bump: for Aaron
  18. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

You said you wanted to take your anti-social friends overbythere but didn't know where it was.
  20. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Oh.

Didn't happen. We went back to my 1 buddy's and I passed the fuck out.
  21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Fed invited me to emporium last night but said it was crowded. I passed, did not want to go through that nonsense again.
  22. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

It was pretty packed for awhile. It actually opened up quite a bit after 11:30-12:00 as I presume people wanted to go to more "club" places. I was surprised at the type of people in there, the fuck would you come there, drink 312 and sit in a big pile around the bar?
  23. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

24. skottyj

Why does it not surprise me that you would like Malort.
  25. skottyj

Why does it not surprise me that you would like Malort.
  26. Stockdale4Veep

I didn't say I like it but its a cheap way to get toasted
  27. itsnotrequired

itsnotrequired Has Had Sex With His Wife At Least Thrice Can Post in Locked Threads

dude next to me at the airport bar is drinking pint miller lite metal bottles with ice. like, a pint glass full of ice and he pours it in.

big boner
  28. 1951Campbell

1951Campbell Free Legal Advice/Beatles Hater

My sister-in-law swears that ice in beer is not just completely stupid, but actually "jungle style", and that it's big in Balmer. :rolleyes:
  29. itsnotrequired

now drinking red wine in a plastic cup in first class!

big boner

Attached Files:

30. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

How bout a little room between you and the legs next to you? What's that, Delta? Get some new planes, suckdicks.
  31. itsnotrequired

dude, it's an e-175, not a 747

big boner
  32. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

I flew "First Class" to and from Austin the other week on American. 'Twas a bit underwhelming. I don't drink on planes for fear of puking during turbulence, so the main benefits were getting on and off the plane quicker, a bit more leg/shoulder room, and...that's about it.
  33. itsnotrequired

:helloexactly:

first class on regional jets is obviously better than coach but yeah, not some kind of game changer. first class on a long haul or anything international is pretty boss.

big boner
  34. Cheeses

International travel, First Class would be the nuts. After being in the air for 7+ hours, I normally want to murder everyone in sight when I'm in coach.
  35. itsnotrequired

those flights to russia i took were ten hours long and i wish they would have been longer. sitting in a la-z-boy, watching on demand movies right out of the theater, drinking booze, taking a nap...the flight was one of my favorite parts of the trips.

big boner
  36. Cheeses

Did you get your D S'd?

:lenny:
  37. s=D

s=D Message Board Historian

How did you get in first class? And on what airline?
  38. itsnotrequired

technically, it was business class (i'm an important business man) but even that is way beyond domestic first class.
  39. s=D

s=D Message Board Historian

So how did you get into business class? And on what airline?
  40. itsnotrequired

what is this, a bit?
  41. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Take it to the luxury air travel thread.
    Unregistered likes this.
  42. skottyj

I was at Madison Square Garden for a Rangers game earlier this year and some dude like three rows in front of me was slamming draft beer over ice with a straw. He must have had like 9 during the game. He was a foreigner though.
  43. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

44. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

They have Blitz and Jam?!?

:panic:
  45. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Yes they do. Jam is really hard to play because everyone dickslob just goes there and goes "OH MAN NBA JAM". Let's just say anytime I played any of them, they lost badly.

It's still a cool place though. Regresses around 11pm when it gets packed but it's awesome otherwise.
  46. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I should go at like noon on a Saturday.
  47. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Yeah, it seems like it'd be awesome to day drink there but would suck late.
  48. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

It's bad-ass from like 5-10:45, like really cool. Then from 11-whenever you leave it's one of the worst experiences ever. Mostly because the crowd turns into people that have no desire whatsoever to play any games and would prefer to loiter around the ungodly small space between the bar and the wall.
  49. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

50. 1951Campbell

1951Campbell Free Legal Advice/Beatles Hater