Blackhawk Dynasty: A Post-Mortem

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by Fuller, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

3 Cups in 6 years is pretty awesome, especially in the Cap era. But the one nagging thorn in my craw is the first round exits in 11, 12, 16 & 17. Truly it was feast or famine with these guys.

This one is clearly the worst because of how they just- I don't know if quit is the right word. Keith Jones was just saying how they let off the gas at the end of the season and never were able to find that gear again and that certainly falls on Q. To play so amazingly in February and March (17-3) and to look like clown shoes just a few weeks later, I can't wrap my mind around it. It's almost like they aged 5 years overnight. This was not a team we saw at all at any point this season.

Anyway, I raise a glass to an amazing run! No one can ever take away 2010, 2013 and 2015. :cheers:
    SouthAsianpalehose likes this.
  2. SouthAsianpalehose

SouthAsianpalehose Slumdog Hundred-aire

Yeah IDK where they go from here. I mean if they make a few good moves then they're back in it; but otherwise, this could be an long trend downward.
  3. Fuller

The thing is that given their recent history, they could go out and win the Presidents Trophy next season and then lose the first round series. Or win it all. :nuts:
  4. Fuller

BTW, i am STILL waiting for that Game 7 OT winner against the Kings in '14.

But the butthurt lives on... :mad:
    chops likes this.
  5. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

Send the BreadMan to an eastern conference team for young promising defense-men. This D core needs to get younger. Breadman is a nice chip to dangle out there. Long term for the Hawks 72 isn't a hawk, past his new deal.
  6. Fuller

Stan apparently had a presser this morning where he said "changes will be made"
  7. Stockdale4Veep

Stockdale4Veep Knows the Dewey Decimal System

First change will be banning you from office art.
  8. Fuller

That's actually quite clever