2017 World Baseball Classic

Discussion in 'The Other 29' started by IWMB, Feb 23, 2017.

1. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Id imagine kids would gravitate to the team having all the fun and showing comrade.
  2. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

The unspoken rules of baseball should be tossed in to the dusty ditch. Bat flips, showmanship... bring them all on.
  3. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

Except for timing pitches in the on deck circle. If a kid does that he deserves every beaning possible
    sycked likes this.
  4. FedEx

FedEx Delivers

Bean that kid all 16 times he came to bat.
    sycked and Cheeses like this.
  5. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

The opposing coach would definitely thank you.
  6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

No wonder he passed on playing for the team that paraded around a giant stuffed Hebrew.
  7. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

I still don't understand why Puerto Rico has their own team in the WBC. It's a U.S. territory, and they're U.S. citizens.
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Meanwhile Netherlands gets half of the Caribbean.
    :bullshit:
  9. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Still not a state. They compete on their own in the Olympics as well.
  10. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

My kids haven't heard that emotional reactions are wrong and will really strike a pose after hitting a big shot to win a game or whatever. Then they'll shake their opponents' hands and their coaches' hands and say, "good game." We're Irish, tho, not some WASPy uptight assholes.

:shrug:
    y2chae likes this.
  11. Team Speed

Team Speed Fun Bad

12. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

WORLD CHAMPS!!

:usa:
  13. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

Almost as rewarding as when the White Sox win the BP Crosstown Cup. :soexcited:
    chops likes this.
  14. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

The US was doing the same; they had that bald eagle statue thing that they were all dancing around. I thought this was a great tournament. Trout has already said that he will play in the next one and I can't remember who it was but some old timer tweeted that in 2021 the US will have the best team to ever take the field.

Michael Young‏Verified account@MikeyY626
    Follow
    More
    Here's a call....in 4 years, @USABaseball will put together the best baseball team ever assembled. Ever.
  15. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah uptight WASPs don't get that emotions and sportsmanship are different things. You can show passionate and still be a good sport. The NBA has probably the most celebrating type stuff and yet before and after each game the plays all fist bump and bro hug each other.
  16. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

Protestants.

:thefuck: