*2017 Western Conference Quarterfinal - Hawks vs. Nashville*

Discussion in 'Sports Haps' started by IWMB, Apr 8, 2017.

1. SouthAsianpalehose

SouthAsianpalehose Slumdog Hundred-aire

All I know is all the Dead Wing fans and Nashville fans are laughing right now for some reason.
  2. samram

samram Bon Vivant

Preds will be raising that first round win banner next October.
    Ziggy and SouthAsianpalehose like this.
  3. SouthAsianpalehose

Those people are literally acting like the won the cup. I mean its not like they have three more rounds to go or anything.........
  4. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

You never know, sam. Rinne was virtually impenetrable. You can ride a goalie like that all the way to the Cup. I'm not saying that Nashville will, but it usually takes a hot goalie like that to win a Cup.
  5. samram

samram Bon Vivant

I think to some extent how good Panarin is is irrelevant. The question is how do they address needs without creating more. I'm not convinced Schmaltz or Hartman couldn't be really solid LWs playing opposite Kane.
  6. SouthAsianpalehose

Yeah that may be so but the Hawks played like dogshit for most of that series so IDK how much we can say Rinne was all that. I mean the way the Hawks played in this series IDK who they would have beaten in the first round.
  7. SouthAsianpalehose

At some point might to either take his game to the next level or just IDK where you go with that.

All I know is that Hawks need to move either Hossa's contract or Seabrooks possibly.
  8. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

While we are passing out beejers, let me just tip my hat to Peter Laviolette. He grabbed Q by the short and curlies and never let go. The Hawks seemed to spend more time skating backwards than I think I have ever seen.

I would not mind seeing a Nashville v Edmonton WCF.
  9. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Hossa can't be traded because of the potential recapture penalties were he to retire.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

It'll have to be Seabrook and I doubt they won't have to cover some of that contract anyway. I'm pretty sure they'll LTIR Hossa in about two to four years.
  11. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

Kruger leaving for Vegas would help the cap a lot. I think they like what they saw from the rookies for the most part, and they really only need a couple more to step up next year. The depth actually looks pretty good considering the youth movement.

Schmaltz - Toews - Panik
    Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
    Hartman - Kero - Hossa
    Hayden - Hinostroza - Motte
    Jurco - Rasmussen?/Tootoo?

Also know that DeBrincat can be a huge wildcard who ends up making an impact right away. And does Panik come back at a reasonable hit?

Keith-Seabrook
    Kempny-Hjalmarsson
    Forsling-van Riemsdyk
    Pokka - Rozsival?

Not much change but getting rid of the older guys in Campbell, Oduya, Desjardins. Rozsival and Tootoo shouldn't be big factors for playing time even though they signed... They need to give Pokka a few games at the start of the season to see what they have in him before moving him or letting him go the way of McNeill.

I don't see any significant additional unless one of Crawford/Seabrook go. Crawford actually has value to other teams, but Seabrook's contract is not good...
  12. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

13. Prope

Prope RIP soxwon

A buddy of mine thinks they'll be keeping Crawford, and it's Darling that will be on the move.
  14. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I'll be totally stunned if Crawford is traded.
    AnthraxFan93 likes this.
  15. Pig

Pig I Am The One Who Locks Cupcake Mod

I believe the chance of that happening is slim as well. Crawford's deal has excellent value and he has a no-move clause anyway.

Obviously a good deal to be made would be to find a young-ish top-4 puck moving D-man, but that will cost.
  16. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Not saying this is why the Hawks lost or anything but can the NHL go back to a normal seeding format now? I think we've formed the "rivalries" they want
  17. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

Think the Columbus/Pitt series is evidence that the current system is flawed.
  18. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Yeah if they did a regular 1-8 seed (another pet peeve, people constantly referring to Nashville as the 8th seed, no they were a Wild Card, there is no 1-8 seeds in this format) with the 2 division winners getting top seeds it'd be PIT vs OTA and COL vs NYR which I think is a bit more fair. And do the reseeding after each round like they used to.
  19. AnthraxFan93

For future reference, please don't use the COL for Columbus.. I got confused and first read through went.. WTF, the Av's play in the West and didn't make the play.... OOOO he meant Columbus. Though, I get confused on who is on first. On your overall point agree completely.
    chops likes this.
  20. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

god DAMMIT, chae
    y2chae likes this.
  21. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Any format that punishes a team for playing in a loaded division is dumb.
  22. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Format blows. And half the point of it was to try to maximize the amount of matchups with teams from the same timezones...well what's the point of that if you're gonna make CT teams play home games at 8:45?!?
  23. chops

chops never met prope

Fire Q?
    AnthraxFan93 likes this.
  24. Cheeses

Cheeses The canvas can do miracles Cupcake Mod

Blackcucks.
  25. AnthraxFan93

Blow it all up, this organization doesn't know what it's doing!