*2017 Discount Codes / Giveaways / Ballpark Meetup Haps*

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by skottyj, Jan 17, 2017.

1. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

:shithead:

There's a thread for ticket/going to games shit
  2. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

General sale are pretty slim. I usually get them with the season ticket holder presale; but after that an the 8 other presales (which I'm sure you have at least one of) by the time they actually go on sale to the public they should be gone. But you never know how many people are not going to show up to watch this team. I have my rep snag me two so I don't have to pay the ticketmaster fees.
  3. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

Going to two shitty april sox games in one week should be anyone's limit for sanity. I did the ballpark pass in 2015 and mostly just ended up drinking a lot of beer.
  4. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:ditto:
  5. skottyj

I don't understand your math.
  6. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

$39 Ballpark Pass + $25 OD ticket = $64

7 Game Plan:
    6 games at $7 each + $25 OD ticket = $67

I'm sure there's fees on both I didn't account for, but bottom line, if you're someone that wants to guarantee Opening Day at face, a 7 game plan is the way to go unless you're crazy and can make it to 7 April games (lots of day games, basically need to go to every weekend series game).
  7. skottyj

The 7 game plan you have to spread over the season (I believe) and you're only guaranteed like upper corners. The ballpark pass you'll probably get better seats and you're technically buying 12 games for 64 dollars as opposed to 7 games for 67 dollars. Doesn't matter if you go or not; you're still only paying an average of $5.33 a ticket. If you don't go to one or two of the games in the 7 game plan are you prorating them that way? What am I missing?
  8. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Of course it matters if you go, that's my whole point. If you don't go to at least 6 April non-OD games you've wasted money, versus paying $7 when you show up on game day. And I'm assuming a person who buys a 7 gamer goes to all of them because it's 1 game a month, which is nothing for us who get to 10-12+.

Seat locations are irrelevant; it's an empty ballpark for most games so the fact they're giving you better seats on the Ballpark Pass isn't part of the equation, as I'm implying you can pay $7 for any April game (minus OD) and sit wherever you want.
  9. skottyj

But you're still getting 12 games for $64. That is obviously the better deal. I don't know why you would buy it if you weren't planning on going to enough. Last time I checked an average of $5.33 a ticket is a better deal than an average of $ 9.57.
  10. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Yes, then you agree - that's my whole point. If you can't make enough games and are only getting a package to get OD, then get the 7 gamer.
  11. skottyj

I think I misunderstood you then. I must have misread it as only getting the package to get OD.
  12. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Brewers single game tickets are apparently on sale but the 3/31 & 4/1 preseason games vs the Sox still aren't on sale? The hell are they waiting for? They think these games will sell out?

:andruw:
  13. skottyj

I looked yesterday there were like five tickets on Stubhub. Two of them are listed (for the Saturday game) at like 1100 bucks. One of the two was in the upper deck like row 10.
  14. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:biglaff:

I heard the tickets are suppose to go on sale this weekend. We'll see. Just odd that this game is being held back from sales until the last minute, trying to figure out why.
  15. skottyj

When we went a couple years ago to this it was ten bucks and sit wherever you want outside of the bases.
  16. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Probably gonna drive the minivan up to tailgate if anyone needs a ride.
  17. skottyj

IWMB the Friday night before the game:

[​IMG]
  18. y2chae

y2chae Panda

I would guess he means the Saturday game
  19. skottyj

Yes; so he's getting ready the night before.
  20. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Yeah, Friday game is too early with work. Would be tempted to drive up Friday and get a room, but heading up Saturday just seems so much easier.
    maurice likes this.
  21. skottyj

I think we have a crew going up there. The normal tailgate group. We are either going to go early and tailgate or stop at the Brat Stop and get something to eat.
    maurice likes this.
  22. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Did you buy online? Or was it box office only
  23. skottyj

Pretty sure we bought them before; but this time if they're that price I'll just do walk up to avoid Ticketmaster fees.
  24. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Skotty, you gotta season ticket presale code for a Hapsbro? Or do I have to rely on :gene:?
  25. skottyj

I don't give my season ticket one out. I'll give you the black list one I get when I get it. I think that is Thursday afternoon.
  26. CaptainBallz

Already have a line on the Black list code. Didn't think you gave that out, but thought I'd ask. Didn't you try to rat out Gene once?
  27. skottyj

I rat him out every year.
    Ziggy, DepaulSox, SABRSox and 3 others like this.
  28. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

29. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Black List presale info

Presale Start Time: Thursday, March 2 at 1:00 p.m. CT

Presale End Time: Thursday, March 2 at 11:59 p.m. CT

Your password is: LIST17
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  30. skottyj

I will say this; to all the people that have had tickets at one point. The pre-sale code is your account number. I don't know how much maintenance they do in updating them but if you have or have had an account you could try that.
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  31. CaptainBallz

Found my old account #

:yesitis:
  32. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

33. Cheeses

Cheeses Chárles le Brun Cupcake Mod

Paging Skotty

:beer&popcorn:
  34. CaptainBallz

35. whitesox901

whitesox901 Aubergine Dreams

36. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

Oh my.

If the ticket reps gave a shit, surely he'd have been told to knock it off by now. They're probably thrilled he does all this free advertising for them. We all certainly know that the product on the field isn't moving any tickets.
  37. CaptainBallz

:helloexactly:

Oh please, gene, please do not drive traffic to our POS teams website for pre sale tix. Those are reserved for the 12 remaining ST holders!
  38. y2chae

y2chae Panda

The Sox clearly don't give a shit otherwise they would've revoked his season tickets by now.
  39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Also the only game I"m buying tickets for is the MB retirement game. I think pretty much any other game that's not vs Cubs you will be able to get Stubhub for under face.
  40. CaptainBallz

I'm going for 300-level Opening day and Burls, hence my gay gentlemenry about the codes this year
  41. Cheeses

Get me 2 for Burly, Ballz, I'll pay you back. :bateyes:
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  42. zmz

zmz By the Banks of the River Chicago

:hotshit:

:snob:
  43. sycked

Probably continuing the RF tradition of not showing up to the opening day tailgate, too.
    maurice likes this.
  44. Cheeses

Kid, black
  45. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Probably need to figure out whether I'm going to the opener or not finally. Already taking a week in March and it's a fucking Monday.
  46. sycked

It'll be the first one I miss in recent memory unless I find myself without a job come April after sending out a scathing email a little bit ago.
  47. CaptainBallz

Jokes on YOU cuz I have... and I think even talked to shithead cheeses up there.

:sleeping:
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  48. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Ballz talked to me and Spiffie one year. That's the first time I met Mrs. Nurse Ballz.
  49. CaptainBallz

I remember Infinite and I made a point of actually going to the tailgate one year. Talked to Chips and Yoda for a little bit. Other people were stand-offish and faggy, so we left.
    chops likes this.
  50. Cheeses

I recall seeing Ballz on the other side of the black Daley Fence during one pre-game haps. Pretty sure everyone was semi-lit at the time.