*2017 Discount Codes / Giveaways / Ballpark Meetup Haps*

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by skottyj, Jan 17, 2017.

1. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

Shitty giveaways and the ability to sell tickets that you wouldn't need to sell if you didn't buy them in the first place, because goddamn Cubs/Sox 2018 is going to bust like Bitcoin.

:pass:
  2. y2chae

y2chae Panda

3. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Sold my Cubs/Sox last year for 80 each and this year is on the last Saturday of the season so the Cubs could potentially clinch. So I'll do what I want with my money and you can do what you want with your money. Go fuck yourself. I still don't get how on a Sox board it's cool to not go to Sox games. I also only try and sell tickets that I can't make it to. I only ate one set of my 27 last year and that was cause we had my sons birthday party.
    maurice likes this.
  4. y2chae

y2chae Panda

The idea that Cubs vs Sox won't sell is dumb when the Cubs are World Series contenders.
    chops likes this.
  5. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

ToS nom worthy fo sho.
    chops likes this.
  6. DepaulSox

There were empty seats at the Cell this year for those games. Are you joking? I knew guys who had Cubs tickets this year that had to take huge losses or eat games they had bought at Wrigley. The idea that Anyone is getting rich off Cubs tickets anymore is funny.
  7. DepaulSox

I didn't say not to go to Sox games dumbass. I'm just saying the "perks" are overstated and it's cheaper and less hassle to pick up tix individually. That is all. It's certainly not a money making/investment venture.
  8. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Who is talking about getting rich off these tickets? I'm saying you can sell them for above face on Stub Hub without a problem. And your guys who took huge losses or had to eat Cubs vs Sox tickets are morons or liars. The games at Wrigley were going for over face value. I would guess most at Guaranteed RF were as well. Empty seats don't mean the secondary market was in any sort of trouble.
  9. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Again no one is talking about tickets as any sort of investment except you. No one in their right mind would suggest Sox tickets are an investment. Blackhawks tickets probably aren't even that at this point either seeing chops get numerous : pass2 : when he puts his tickets up for sale here.
  10. skottyj

Holy shit; you are completely right. I have been such an idiot for the last 18 years. I have seen the light. I will not get my ticket cause the "perks" are overstated.
  11. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

:what:

• Lower Box
      $862
    • Outfield Reserved
      $522
    • Bleachers
      $487
    • Lower Corners
      $464

12. skottyj

I meant beyond the box office price. Like seats in the bleachers from the box office may be say 25 but season ticket holders pay say 23. Lower corners are 20; season ticket holders pay 20. It's because it's the lowest ticket already in the lower bowl so there wouldn't be an additional discount and the sections are the first to sell out on walk up. I'm ok with that.
  13. chops

chops never met prope

The market isn't there like it used to be, haven't eaten tickets yet, but have only been to 2 games.
  14. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I paid $42 after fees on the Hub on Monday. Yeah, good luck getting that 3-4 years ago.
  15. chops

chops never met prope

2 tickets or 1?
  16. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Each for 2
  17. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

Blackwho?
    \
    :chad: