*2017 Discount Codes / Giveaways / Ballpark Meetup Haps*

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by skottyj, Jan 17, 2017.

1. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

New this season: Ken "Hawk" Harrelson Talking Alarm Clocks presented by TOTAL Lubricants, along with Fireworks presented by Magellan Corporation, on Saturday, May 13. The first 20,000 fans will receive the clock and be able to wake up to the voice of the legendary White Sox play-by-play announcer and five-time Emmy Award winner.
    AnthraxFan93 likes this.
  2. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

3. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Other 2017 giveaways include White Sox Photo Books presented by CSN (Saturday, May 27), White Sox Caps presented by The PrivateBank (Saturday, July 15), 1917 Jerseys presented by XFINITY (Saturday, July 29) and more. Other fan favorites will include Country Music Night and Fireworks presented by Coca-Cola (Friday, June 23), Christmas in July and Fireworks (Friday, July 28), Halfway to Mardi Gras (Tuesday, August 8), Elvis Night and Fireworks (Friday, August 25) and Star Wars Night with Fireworks presented by Magellan Corporation (Saturday, August 26).

And don't forget Free T-shirt Thursdays, when the first 10,000 fans who enter Guaranteed Rate Field will take home a specially designed White Sox T-shirt for eight Thursday games throughout the season.

__
    1917 jerseys

:approved:
  4. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Better clear them with the starting pitcher or realign the rotation accordingly.
  5. skottyj

Pretty glad I switched to the weekend plan. I will score all these good items.
  6. AnthraxFan93

AnthraxFan93 BASEBALL GURU

And they play my favorite NL team.. Winner, Winner chicken dinner.
  7. skottyj

All the times are out for games. I really like that a lot of the early season Saturday games are during the day. Will save me money on a babysitter.
  8. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Zip hoodie on 4/22 is pretty nice.

[​IMG]
  9. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

...if you can remove the sleeve logo.
  10. skottyj

A drafty apartment? A... sweaterless friend? A ball-game giveaway Metlife windbreaker?
    Cheeses likes this.
  11. skottyj

Individual-game tickets to White Sox 2017 home games at Guaranteed Rate Field will go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. CT on Friday, March 3 on whitesox.com, at the Guaranteed Rate Field Box Office* or by calling 866-SOX-GAME.
  12. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

That hoodie's pretty sweet for an April game.
  13. skottyj

Would it be an less sweet if it was in May?
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  14. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

Yes, April games suck weather-wise and usually the team sucks. May it might be warm enough to have a real reason to go to a game.
  15. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

I just looked around. The list of tangible things you can get so far is pretty light. I expect more from my bottom-dwelling team.

Apr 6 - T-Shirt
    Apr 8 - Winter Hat
    Apr 21 - Tote Bag
    Apr 22 - Hoodie
    May 11 - T-Shirt
    May 13 - Hawk Alarm Clock
    Jun 15 - T-Shirt
    Jun 29 - T-Shirt
    Jul 1 - Hawaiian T-Shirt
    Jul 15 - "Cap"
    Jul 29 - 1917 Jersey
    Jul 30 - Water Bottle
    Aug 10 - T-Shirt
    Aug 24 - T-Shirt
    Sep 7 - T-Shirt
    Sep 28 - T-Shirt
    chops likes this.
  16. SABRSox

SABRSox Hollywood Mega-Hunk Bob Balaban Cupcake Mod

Hawk alarm clock...

Can't wait to stop dreaming.
  17. DepaulSox

DepaulSox Well-Known Member

I love the mentally that we are a bunch of destitute Nigerian fucks with no coats to keep us warm. I'm more than happy wearing a real jacket to the game and not some shitty as all fuck G-Rate tarded up zip hoodie that looks like the shit will shred the first time you ever wash it. I've got a coat.
  18. Alanzo

Alanzo Well-Known Member

Do you have any extra coats? Please sir
    itsnotrequired likes this.
  19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Probably already posted elsewhere, but it belongs here too.

[​IMG]

I'm seriously considering the Boston series.
  20. skottyj

I wonder what the market for Cubs tickets will be. Since I can see them being ridiculous at Wrigley all year maybe I can get a decent price for mine at the Rate.
    chops likes this.
  21. CaptainBallz

I'm still eyeing COL in July. Airfare prices are the suck tho
  22. chops

chops knows the brett favre of divorce

:ditto:

Amtrak for us would be 650, cheaper than flying but lots of time on a train with smelly wankers.
    CaptainBallz likes this.
  23. skottyj

Thirteen weekend series; only ones I haven't been to are Boston (no desire to ever go to that fucking city); Seattle and Texas. I think the only new stadium I will see this year will be a random Dodger/D-Backs game in April in LA.
  24. y2chae

y2chae Panda

:approved:
  25. skottyj

Are you really complaining about a ball park give away hoodie that you haven't seen and probably wouldn't have gone to the game anyway? You may need to see someone to talk out these anger issues.
  26. CaptainBallz

Why the fuck is Amtrak slow as molasses? Quicker to just drive.
  27. skottyj

I have heard that it's because Amtrak doesn't own any of the tracks they are on. So they have to yield to any freight trains. I have heard of it taking people 11 hours to get to Detroit. Not sure if that is true. Just what I have heard.
  28. chops

:helloexactly:

And you're not even going through anything cool like mountains and shit going to Denver, it's all flat plains or boringness and shitfucks.

Amtrak is best for short crappy trips like Milwaukee or Indy where driving is just shit and the cost on Amtrak is dirt cheap for about the same amount of time.
  29. CaptainBallz

18-20 hours to get to Denver via Amtrak. 14 hours to drive.

:pass2:
  30. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

Amtrak to Indy fucking blows. There's only 1 train a day at 5:45 that takes 5 hours. It's mostly just 'Thruway' busses.

Fucking done with Amtrak now that my brother is out of Carbondale.
  31. y2chae

y2chae Panda

Never took Amtrak to Milwaukee, is it better than driving?
  32. chops

Is it that bad? My old boss used to swear by it when coming in for Chicago meetings and whatnot.
    Cheeses likes this.
  33. chops

$50 round trip, like a 2 hour trip, only 4 stops total. best part is not dealing with the traffic coming back into chicago, you'd probably spend 50 bucks on parking/gas so i think it's worth it for solo trips. I wouldn't spend $150 to take the wife and kids, but when i go for work, it's amtrak all the way. and you can booze on the train with hot chicks*

*if available
    Cheeses likes this.
  34. CaptainBallz

Milwaukee's like 1.5 hours, so that seems worth it at least.
  35. CaptainBallz

Pathetic that in 2017 this gay gentleman country hasn't figured out high-speed rail from sea to shining sea
    Cheeses, IWMB, chops and 1 other person like this.
  36. y2chae

y2chae Panda

You'd think with today's technology they could make a train that goes from here to Colorado in 10 hours. I'll blame politicians who are okay with $600 billion in defense spending but see no reason to invest in infrastructure
  37. CaptainBallz

All yer doin is building a giant target fer the radical islamist terrismz!!

:maga:
    Cheeses likes this.
  38. Cheeses

Cheeses Nazi Supermen Are Our Superiors Cupcake Mod

High-speed rail? That's cuck talk.
    \
  39. y2chae

y2chae Panda

DONT SPEND MAH TAXES ON DIS
  40. CaptainBallz

I ain't gonna use no highfalutin choo-choo to go to some crime-ridden hive of librul gayness.

41. chops

you tugs mods should splice this thread
  42. Cheeses

Cheeses Nazi Supermen Are Our Superiors Cupcake Mod

43. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I haven't been to Boston in almost 25 years, and I didn't catch a game then. I haven't returned because I'm not a fan of the city, but I'd like to check Fenway off the list. Also, booze it up in VT and ME.
    I'll also be in LA in April and will try to hit Rockies @ Dodgers and Blue Jays @ Angels. Easter is too late this year for Spring Break/Training haps. Figure in the annual MiLB trip, and that's plenty of baseball travel.
  44. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I'm seeing a Giants game (or a few) over Memorial Day weekend.
  45. skottyj

We may try and hit up Angels/Rangers the day we get in but after a 4.5 hour flight and walking around Disney all day we may be too tired. They play the next day too but same haps.
  46. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Contemplating Disneyland too, but I wouldn't want to burn more than one day there since, like you said, it makes other plans on the same day difficult. Of course they rape you on single-day tickets.
  47. skottyj

We just bought our Universal tickets. It's like $115 for one day but $129 for two days. So we got two days. Yeah Disney for one day with park hopper is a fucking joke. I think we're going to do one park each day. Not like a 7 month old can go all day and we're staying close to the park. Also bringing the mil with so she can watch the boy if we want to go to the Angels game.
  48. SABRSox

Two days at Universal is a huge waste of time. There are like 6 rides. You can do the park in less than a full day.
  49. skottyj

Yeah; that's what I hear. But the hotel we're staying at lets you get into the Harry Potter place and hour before the park opens. So my wife and I are going to get up on Friday and do that while my mil watches our son. The extra 15 bucks or whatever for the second day is mainly for that. I think that's worth it if we can get most of that knocked out in the hour.
  50. SABRSox

You're gonna hate having to pay $50 for a wand to make half the shit at the Harry Potter section work.