2011 Schedule

Discussion in 'SOXual Healing' started by sox1970, Sep 14, 2010.

1. sox1970

sox1970 Smarter than Terry Bevington

Perfect timing since this season is now (un)officially over.

2011 White Sox Schedule | whitesox.com: Schedule

Longer home stands. Longer road trips.

Road trips-
    11-Tampa Bay(4), Detroit, New York(4)
    9-Seattle, Anaheim, Oakland
    10-Texas, Toronto(4), Boston

That's before June 2.

Other nuggets:
    8 games against Tampa Bay in April, and we're done with them.
    They play KC on April 5 and 6, and then not until July 4.
    Toronto's first trip to Chicago is the last 3 games of the season.
    75% of the division games are in the final 3 months, including 23 in September.
  2. Fuller

Fuller Trump had no ideas, he just went too far

White Sox 2011: The Penultimate Season!!!

DSNB....
  3. Zoso

Zoso *autistic screeching*

Texas, Toronto and Boston will be like 3 for 10, tops. That'll be a bloodbath. At least those bad ones are all before the ASB. September is an easy run except for the 3 game sweep in Minnesota, but that's pretty early in the month.

The second half in general is kind of light, outside of BOS/NY/TEX scattered, but those are all at home.
  4. Fuller

Hated by the umpires, loved by the schedulemakers.
  5. sox1970

Breakdown of the non-division schedule--

Home-Away-Total

Baltimore: 4-4-8
    Boston: 3-3-6
    New York: 4-4-8
    Tampa Bay: 4-4-8
    Toronto: 3-4-7

Anaheim: 3-5-8
    Oakland: 7-3-10
    Seattle: 3-6-9
    Texas: 5-3-8

Chicago: 3-3-6
    Arizona: 0-3-3
    Colorado: 0-3-3
    LA Dodgers: 3-0-3
    Washington: 3-0-3
  6. Zoso

ILP is sweet. AZ sucks, LA we always seem to beat and then Washington without Golden Boy. Colorado doesn't really scare me at all either.

Only 3 in Oakland and Texas, sweet.
  7. Fuller

No visit to SF? :gloomy:
  8. Zoso

Denver is one I'd probably do if they're worth traveling to see next year, which is totally unknowable at this point.
  9. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Thanks again MLB for the Mil and/or St. Louis roadtrip hookup...

:thumbsup:
  10. Fuller

You should come out to Oakland. I'll even let you beat me in golf again!
  11. Team Speed

Team Speed Well-Known Member

Cubs are going to Fenway next summer, everything else is just a footnote.
  12. Zoso

Losing MIL to the NL really fucked us. Instead those cocktug Cub fans get to drive an hour to see their team play in another MLB park and get tanked 9 times a year.
  13. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I agree, Ballz. Cincy's a good trip, too.
  14. Team Speed

That is a pretty favorable schedule for the Sox. If they can tread water through April and May and then roll interleague again the post All Star Break is pretty fucking easy. Basically, I expect this season all over again, because you know they'll piss it away against beatable teams down the stretch.
  15. sycked

sycked If you loved me, you'd all kill yourselves today.

So no San Diego/Francisco as was widely reported for the past month. Fuck. I really wanted to go to one of the two cities.
  16. Zoso

Minnesota gets roughly the same deal. Their Sep is a hair easier than even ours, because they A) host us and B) don't host Toronto. The rest is just about ALC across the board for both teams.

They do have tough road trips after we complete all of ours. We basically don't have any real tough road trip after May. We're done with TB in April, and definitely have a better ILP.
  17. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Yeah, it's a shit schedule from a travel perspective, mostly due to the intraleague road series. Rockies mid-week is meh, and uber-pass on PHX in June when the average daily high is 147 degrees.

OTOH, it's a good year to visit Detroit with three (3) separate weekend road series: 4/22-24, 6/15-17, and 9/2-4. The only other cities I'm even considering at this point are Toronto and Cleveland. Normally, I'd have twice as many potential trips. Bah.
  18. Zoso

The Detroit trip is a rock. Close, cheap, over 50% chance of winning. Plus they have this pseudo middle eastern restaurant downtown that's...adequate if you're hungry.
  19. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

And it's attached to a bar with local brews.

And you can park on the street near the bar for free and walk 2 blocks to the game, while Zoso assaults some poor innocent kid on a bike for no apparent reason.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Somebody please post the spring training / exhibition schedule when it comes out.
  20. whitesox901

whitesox901 Banjo and Kazui's great adventure

I'd like to go to Cleveland next season. Haven't been since Cliff Lee won his 20th game back in '08.

:deepsigh:

Atmosphere that night was very

:douchechilling:
  21. Zoso

If you can park for a game in Chicago > a half mile from the ballpark, then you can certainly do it in Detroit. But for Lions/Bears you need to pay, for the epic tailgate privilege in one of those shitty, gravely ad hoc lots that are populated by 50% Bears fans and suburban Michigan weirdos driving around on motorized beer coolers. I have the tentative plan to go to that game again this year, and it'll come to pass if the Bears are at least in the 6th seed hunt. I seriously doubt that'll be the case though.

Ah, Detroit, an incredibly close town that somehow has a lot of sports teams.
  22. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I'm trying to go to Bears/Lions in Detroit. Buddy of mine if from Manhattan and a Lions fan (I know, WTF?). I told him let's buy tix before the Bears suck and I wanna back out.
  23. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

You forgot about the Yankees coming to Wrigley to set the record for runs scored in a 3-game series.
  24. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

Ugh. One can only imagine the amount of sportswriter jizz that will be blown discussing this series.
  25. Unregistered

Unregistered The Facebook of Fucking Cupcake Mod

26. Cheeses

Cheeses Nice game, pretty boy Cupcake Mod

27. BURGH

BURGH Lafferty, Daniel

Don't one of them teams have sickle cell or somethin'
  28. samram

samram Bon Vivant

That 11 game road trip in April is just a bitch.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I think the Jays have a staph infection.
  29. Iwritecode

Iwritecode Writing Code Again

It took 14 years of interleague play to finally get the Cubs to Boston?

I remember when it first started they were supposed to rotate the divisions they faced each year while still keeping the "natural" rivalries. When did they go away from that?
  30. CaptainBallz

CaptainBallz Windowlickin' Good

Man, if only WRIGLEY could play FENWAY!!
  31. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Over/under on Fenway's post about this?
  32. Zoso

It's still very loosely in that format, but my guess is teams lobbied for opponents. This has to explain why we get Pitt every year, and now Washington two years in a row.

We have the Nats and the Cubs in 2011, which is easily a 7-2 start. We just have to go 83-70 the rest of the way for :90wins:
  33. Team Speed

In all honesty I don't think this can be worse than 2005, when the newly uncursed defending champion Red Sox came into Wrigley. My fondest memory of that weekend is a real life Tommy from Quinzee getting thrown out of Stanley's for doing blow in the bathroom.
  34. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

The Cubune headline for that series being: "Red Sox come to Chicago for the first time ever!" or something equally ridiculous.
  35. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

They should worry about having a seizure or a heart attack; better back the fuck up before they get smacked the fuck up.
  36. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Comparing the Sox schedule to the Hawks schedule and the Sox AAA schedule:
    - The Hawks play in Glendale, AZ during Spring Training again
    - The Hawks play in Columbus while the Sox open the season in Cleveland
    - The Sox AAA team plays in Syracuse while the Sox play in Toronto
  37. rustysurf83

rustysurf83 Cato Institute Shill

It fucking figures that both times the Sox come to Seattle I will be out of town for work...
  38. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I'll hopefully go to Columbus that game. Went last year and had a blast, but it was a day game, so I left Bloomington in the morning and was back by 8. This year they play twice on Friday night and once on a Tuesday. That Friday in April seems most doable.

Cleveland?

:pass:
  39. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Still haven't seen this yet, but other teams' schedules are starting to trickle out.

3/18 A's @ Sox in Glendale
    3/30 Sox @ Dash in Winston-Salem
  40. whitesox901

I'm Denver bound 2011. :soexcited:
  41. IWMB

IWMB Resident Umpire

I'd love to see Denver/Coors Field. Have a blast dude!
  42. skottyj

skottyj Owner of Many Baseball Hats

Coors isn't that cool.
  43. rustysurf83

Work schedule shifted back a week. I can now make it to both series in Seattle.
  44. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

Still no full schedule, but more preliminary dates for Spring Training games:
    2/28 - Sox @ LAD
    3/3 - Sea @ Sox
    3/4 - Sox @ Ana
    3/5 - Sox @ Cle
    3/6 - LAD @ Sox
    3/7 - Cle @ Sox
    3/11 - Cubs @ Sox
    3/12 - Tex @ Sox
    3/13 - Sox @ LAD
    3/16 - SF @ Sox
    3/18 - Oak @ Sox
    3/19 - Sox @ Oak
    3/20 - LAD @ Sox <-- same day that the Hawks visit the Coyotes
    3/21 - Sox @ Ana
    3/23 - LAD @ Sox
    3/25 - AZ @ Sox
    3/26 - Ana @ Sox
    3/27 - Sox @ Mil
    3/30 - Sox @ W-S
  45. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

46. whitesox901

Denver has its home times scheduled. If I go, I'll probably hit up that Thursday afternoon game.
  47. sox1970

48. Ziggy

Ziggy I Can Get Laid in Germany

I'll be at Fort Lewis, Washington by the time the SOX hit Seattle the 2nd time. I'm thinking of going. Hey rusty, how is Nintendo (Safeco) Field?
  49. maurice

maurice Gangster of Love

I'm not Rusty, but Safeco is very nice. Hit up the Pyramid alehouse across the street pre- or post-game.

Programming reminder: The Hawks play in Glendale while the Sox are spring traininging right down the block, just like last year. Ima probably hit both.
  50. rustysurf83

Ditto to what Maurice said on Safeco, it is a pretty cool stadium and games are generally enjoyable/cheap because most fans understand the M's ineptitude. I generally stay away from Pyramid because the place gets ridiculous on game days, but Jimmys and the Hawks Nest are other good options.